Thread: Language :)

Default Language :)

Well, I've been working around C, C++, Java, and Python lately. I have come to conclusion that the most convenient language for programming in Linux (in my eyes) is Python, maybe with a little C/C++. I was never a fan of Java, even though thats what we use in school. But I would like to know what the best tutorial site(s) are for Python, since I can't find a good one myself, I'd like to know what you guys think a good one is.

Thanks.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

java is my favourite but the most convenient form is simply bash
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

I've coded Java, but so far I like coding Python better... Its all personal preference, you can most likely make the same applications in any programming language... Only thing I don't like about java is that people must have Java Software. Same with Python, but its becoming pretty much standard in Linux Distros... Python is my first experience with an interpreted language, but I like it a bit better.

I'm a Linux novice (not noob, I can work my way around), is bash programming what a .sh file is? Or are those just shell files for installations & make files?

But back on topic, I'm still looking for a full python learning resource. I am trying to keep my mind steady before diving into O'Reilly's "Learning Python" and if I enjoy it as much as I expect, "Python in a Nutshell" (for building on, references own ).

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Thanks for that,i was also looking for this stuff.I have seen most of it but some i haven't Thank you.