Thread: Recommended USB Wireless card?

Just burned his ISO

Question Recommended USB Wireless card?

I am trying to find myself a good USB wireless card and I was wondering whether anyone could make any suggestions of ones which they have used and found to be good and work well with the majority (if not all) of the applications which are part of BT.
    The reason that I am trying to find a good USB wireless card is because my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1501 which doesn't have a PCMCIA slot (although it does have a mini-PCI slot) and all the recommendations that I can find in the forum are for PCMCIA cards.

Thanks for any recommendations in advance
    Satal

Well I'm thinking of buying the easy to find (in Denmark) and cheap
    Asus WL-167G http://backtrack.offensive-security....s#ASUS_WL-167G
    - Poul Wittig

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Satal View Post
    I am trying to find myself a good USB wireless card and I was wondering whether anyone could make any suggestions of ones which they have used and found to be good and work well with the majority (if not all) of the applications which are part of BT.
    The reason that I am trying to find a good USB wireless card is because my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1501 which doesn't have a PCMCIA slot (although it does have a mini-PCI slot) and all the recommendations that I can find in the forum are for PCMCIA cards.

Thanks for any recommendations in advance
    Satal
    If only someone were to write a wiki page, or maybe even post this information in the forums, then you wouldn't need to ask this question, as you'd be able to search and read for yourself.

Oh wait, all that stuff I said is true, there is a wiki page, and the forums are full of suggestions.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

My appoligies I have to admit I didn't search the wiki (completely forgot about it at the time)
    but I did try and search the forum but unfortunately USB isn't allowed in the search as its under 4 letters in length.

Anyway thank you Deathray

Well maybe you should look for stickies and other posts about the best cards and adapters to use.

Or you could search for USB (and then add another relevant word here)

You will also find that although most people know the answer like myself on the best USB device (infact I'm using it now). You generally won't get told directly as the idea is that you learn to search as it will stand you in good stead later on when you need other information.

PS have you also read the WIki as mentioned by streaker69

Recommended BackTrack WiFu hardware

http://www.offensive-security.com/wifu_hardware.php

ALFA Networks USB 500mw (USB wireless Adapter capable of Injection )

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If only someone were to write a wiki page, or maybe even post this information in the forums, then you wouldn't need to ask this question, as you'd be able to search and read for yourself.
    Oh wait, all that stuff I said is true, there is a wiki page, and the forums are full of suggestions.

Here ya go Satal I found exactly what streaker69 was talking about
    The "Which card shall I buy" million dollar question.... lol
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.