While as pureh@te mentioned we do not intentionally try to discourage people from using BT, we do always try to advise that one should use the distro for it's intended purpose. I have a smoothwall box and would never put some sort of "haxoring" tool on it and intentionally use it as such. It makes no sense. As for creating another forum well that might not happen.
We don't necessarily want to or have time to monitor those threads. Not to mention as has been stated there is already a plethora of information available on the net for basic linux if anyone wants to look and learn.
But that itself is the biggest problem. Pureh@te also mentioned on the old forum most people will come here and not bother to really search, post a question maybe get an answer or two and either have success or give up using BT all together. And that suits us just fine. So before you go and dedicate a huge amount of time developing some sort of "series of guides" take a look in the member section and look at the amount of registered users vs posts they make. You will see that the majority will follow the above statement and as such you would really be wasting your time. The thread I made ( in regards to being new to linux and BT) is really a collection that we can paste for others to find the answers. All of the links that I have added I personally went through and made sure that they are 1. easy to follow and 2. pertain to basics of linux with the focus being on the ubuntu flavor.
Now on the other hand those of you/ us that use linux daily or who want to learn will not need those basic guides and if we do we will bother to actually search for them and not depend on people to feed us the answers. Further as I mentioned above ( as per my talks with dev team the focus here should be on BT and not those basics that can be found everywhere else. We had before ten guides each on getting BT installed in some fashion and how to "crack wep" and this only adds to the confusion.