Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Macbook C2D 2.0

Just burned his ISO

Default Black Macbook C2D 2.0

Anyone have any success with booting from USB using BT3 and a Macbook? I've read a few people have gotten their Macbook Pros to boot via USB. Basically I have a FAT32 4Gig drive, boots fine via USB from my Dell D820. From my Macbook I get an error after rEFIt sees the USB devices as bootable. Any thoughts? Should I try via HFS or EXT?

I know BT3 works because the CD I burned runs fine on my Macbook. But, obviously the speed advantage and personalized environment makes the flash drive a much better option.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    TIA...
    --windexh8er

Just burned his ISO

Bump... Nobody?

I've booted my white macbook with the usb image. Don't know why you're won't.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

What file system are you using on the USB image? I'm assuming you're using rEFIt?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by windexh8er View Post
    What file system are you using on the USB image? I'm assuming you're using rEFIt?

Thanks!
    Yep, refit. The drive is formatted fat32. Copy the bt and boot folders to the root of the drive. From a linux machine, not osx, cd to /boot/ then do a ./bootinst.sh . It will give you all kinds of warnings about screwing with your mbr, just hit okay, or whatever it is. Now you'll be able to boot the drive, or at least you should be able to boot it.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, that doesn't work on mine... Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by windexh8er View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't work on mine... Odd.
    I wouldn't feel too bad. I can't get it to work with my macbook pro. Works on the macbook, just not on the pro, no freaking clue why either. Has to be something with the efi, just don't know what.

Just burned his ISO

Must have something to do with the chipset... I'll try and dig into it more over the holidays when I have more time.

Just burned his ISO

Do you use a bootloader or something to boot on a MB or MBP with a USB device?

If yes, could you tell me which one and how to install it please?

thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by nickF View Post
    Do you use a bootloader or something to boot on a MB or MBP with a USB device?

If yes, could you tell me which one and how to install it please?

thanks!!
    Uhh, google rEFIt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast