Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATi / Radeon Graphics (newer chipsets - fixed my X1250 graphics)

Quote Originally Posted by jalind View Post

The newer ATi laptop graphics are a real headache to get working in many Linux distros that use X11, especially the "Live" ones for which a permanent one-time install (using the ".run" file) isn't very feasible. In my "Google" searches for a fix, I found quite a few postings in many forums about newer ATi chipset problems. None of them had very satisfactory replies to them. Found bits, pieces and clues here and there. Many had zero (useful) replies.
    ...that's why I I didn't include ATI's own drivers in the compiz stuff. But great work, and thanks for the contibution.

cheers

Just burned his ISO

well on my laptop im getting a problem where when i select what to boot it loads those two files and then i get a blank black screen. nothing else happens it just hangs there. now i dont think anyone else on this forum has the problem cuz when they try and help me fix it they say to type shit in the command line. when it doesnt get far enough to give me a command prompt. but i tried this anyways followed the guide completely 3 times redownloading everything everytime. and yet nothing. any tips?

acer extensa 4420
    ati radeon x1250
    amd64 duo core
    3 gigs ddr ram

Just burned his ISO

Can I ask if I need any extra packages in Ubunto to make the destribution? For some reason I can't make it and I have already tried it in Slax with the same result.
    It would be nice if you could tell us if you did the distibution in the backtrack console?

Just burned his ISO

For some reason I cannot get the drivers to make the lgz package correctly, it acts like it is making them but when it finishes, theres nothing there... Could someone maybe upload their lzm's for me so I could load them into the modules? I'd really appriciate it...

Great post jalind!

I was able to get my onboard Mobility Radeon x600 working with your tutorial.

One thing I had to deviate from was step 4, since the x600 has 64MB of integrated video memory, I skipped this step as I don't need POSIX support.

One other note, to get up and running, I had to edit the xorg.conf file (sda3/changes/etc/X11/xorg.conf - YMMV) for the card to be recognized. I added the following to the end of the file:
    Code:
    Section "DRI"
        Group       0
        Mode        0666
    EndSection
    After a reboot, all was working great. Thanks again for the great tutorial!

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando03
    Here's how it starts....I have a ASRock 4Core1333-FullHD motherboard with an ati xpress x1250 video cart integrated...on windows xp it works perfectly...but when i install vista it automaticly installs x1300 Driver...if i install it from my driver cd it does the same thing x1300....and nothing works...even solitare card game doesn't work i mean it enteres the game but i see la hundreds of stripes....PLS HELP ME!!!
    LOL !!!!! Why are you here asking questions like that

Default possible fix

Is there any way that this fix for the ati graphics are going to be incorporated into the final release of bt3?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot_1kill View Post
    Is there any way that this fix for the ati graphics are going to be incorporated into the final release of bt3?
    big 2nded, I'm having a nightmare configuring my acer travelmate 8104 wlmi.
    I am able to reach x with KDE under the liveCd with the VESA options, but the harddrive install doesn't offer that option

Just burned his ISO

Cant't someone upload all the moded files to rapidshare or something so its quick a painless. As im quite new and a download and copy files over to USB then login and type would be alot more useful thx

Tisti: Ubuntu has very nice user documentation, I don't know why would you want to seek refuge here.

morenoh149: I am sure the hard drive install still allows one to use vesa option. I cannot see why not.

Undiluted: There is a package called ati.lzm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast