Thread: Capturing and analyzing data

Hybrid View

Default Capturing and analyzing data

So i seem to have started grasping the basics of the bt3 toolset, but i've got a long way to go. Right now i'm trying to recreate that cookie cap thing from the bt3 video with wifizoo. I logged into my gmail from laptop2 while running wifizoo on ath1 (monitor) and running kismet and locking the host interface to my channel on latop1. wep is on.
    So laptop2 logs in, i check my mail, and laptop 1 is none the wiser. Does laptop1 need some option in wifizoo.py for the wep key?
    Or does this require something more advanced? i still haven't been able to figure out how to analyze data capped in wireshark. I've read things about live browser session recreation and all, but i'm still too retarded for that. Could someone explain how i do this? thanks

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RageLtMan View Post
    So i seem to have started grasping the basics of the bt3 toolset, but i've got a long way to go. Right now i'm trying to recreate that cookie cap thing from the bt3 video with wifizoo. I logged into my gmail from laptop2 while running wifizoo on ath1 (monitor) and running kismet and locking the host interface to my channel on latop1. wep is on.
    So laptop2 logs in, i check my mail, and laptop 1 is none the wiser. Does laptop1 need some option in wifizoo.py for the wep key?
    Or does this require something more advanced? i still haven't been able to figure out how to analyze data capped in wireshark. I've read things about live browser session recreation and all, but i'm still too retarded for that. Could someone explain how i do this? thanks
    you could try some google 'fu and have a look at
    http://community.corest.com/~hochoa/wifizoo/index.html
    on how to use wifizoo
    if you want to know about wireshark then look at
    http://www.wireshark.org/docs/
    both of these will tell you about using the aps.

reading the info on wifizoo in regards to the "cookie capture" and "jump" will tell you all that you need to know about it.
    also remember that the "jump" is made to an IP address,
    sometimes web servers have multiple virtual directories or they just
    require the HTTP request to have the right "Host:" header.

To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I read the wifizoo site, but it didn't answer my question . Here's what i'm doing:
    eth1(bcm43xx) is connected to my AP. Wifi0 is running ath1 (monitor) for wifizoo and kis0 for kismet. wifi0, and its children, are not associated with anything, just listening. So how do i get them to read my traffic? *sigh*
    "man bt3"

I read the wifizoo site, but it didn't answer my question . Here's what i'm doing:
    eth1(bcm43xx) is connected to my AP. Wifi0 is running ath1 (monitor) for wifizoo and kis0 for kismet. wifi0, and its children, are not associated with anything, just listening. So how do i get them to read my traffic?
    Well first, does kismet run for you and are you running it while running wifizoo? Also, afaik wifizoo cant do encrypted nets

*sigh*
    "man bt3"
    What is that suppose to mean?
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

man bt3 - manual page for bt3

Kismet is running on the same host interface as wifizoo.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

man bt3 - manual page for bt3
    BT3 is an os specifically it is a linux based distro used for pen testing
    man is a command that shows you a manual page in linux.
    so if you type in:
    #man bt3
    you get
    no manual entry for bt3
    #
    now if you type in
    #man man
    you should see that your shell changed from on that you type commands into to on that shows you info on using the man command i.e. the manual manual.

as for your question in regards to capturing the cookie and using it follow the advice above about using wifzoo
    It seems like there is more of a problem that you are not understanding the info presented about wifizoo which is possible, that is something that we can work with.
    re read the part about cookie captures the author of the tutorial I referenced earlier said " I tested this feature with gmail and it works,"
    which is what you stated that you were trying to do earlier in your first post.

as for kismet lets not worry so much about it now lets focus on one topic here and the start of your post is about wifizoo.
    once we get it to work then we can focus on something else.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.