Thread: Anyone here had memberships with astalavista.(com)?

Exclamation Anyone here had memberships with astalavista.(com)?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone in here has had a membership with that site?

I purchased a lifetime membership with that site and about a month ago I went to change my password on the site and it totally locked me out.
    I tried emailing the site admins about 7 or 8 times but was ignored on each and every email.

It's not even as if I ever used the forums on that site to be banned or anything.

It's a shame because I actually liked the site. Now I don't think i would ever pay for any membership of the sort online because I'm scared i would be scammed again.

Anyway,
    Don't mind me i'm just letting off steam!

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

you mean .net ?

because astalavista.com is free only .net is a paid community

and i can connect ........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

you know what i mean :P

I had a couple of papers a few years ago released on .com version about encryption.

Any members care to ask one of the admins why they don't bother helping the folks that have logging in problems and instead ignore the folks that don't play a major part in the forums? I bet if i had used the forums more they wouldn't have had the nerve to leave me locked out of my $100 dollar account!

Their email info@astala....net doesn't do jack and they have ignored me every time. I think after the 5th or 6th email i even demanded my money back.. didn't get it back though lol..what a surprise.

I tell you shamanvirtuel, if you pass on the message and manage to get my $100 back i would pay you $50 back lol.

I might just re-send every one of my emails to their site over and over and over and who knows they might be forced to actually do the decent thing and respond to the person that gave them $100.

I must stop i'm getting on a rant now. You should have read my emails to them after they ignored the first 4 or 5. I was like AAAGHGHHGHGGH!!!

HMMMMMM...... I may be completely wrong, but ISN'T this the Back|Track support forum?

WTF does astalavista.(com) have to do with B|T?
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Not trying to be a wise ass man, but go back to the forum listings and look at what it says under "General IT discusion"

and secondly, why be so rude in the first place?

If you lose your login info / access for another site, then you should probably contact their support. If you paid for something and they didn't deliver, then call your credit card company and do a charge back.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass either, but common sense is obviously a precious commodity these days
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ecsployt View Post
    Not trying to be a wise ass man, but go back to the forum listings and look at what it says under "General IT discusion"
    and secondly, why be so rude in the first place?
    Because some people come here with the intention to help others with bt since it is the bt forum.
    second if you are having problems with the site and the people that run the site there may be some options to help you either a get your money back or b be allowed back onto the site.
    I would suggest that you re-read their TOS in regards to memebership
    being that it is a german based website you would probably have to follow their rules in regards to a refund of your money. I would say that with the new law in affect in germany about hacking and pentesting etc. that you wont get too much love from their government. if it was a US based company then maybe you could go to the better business bureau for help .
    as such if you recently paid your money then maybe your credit card company could help you get it back?
    good luck
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Cheers for the the tips.
    Common sense statement is low...

very low.

Anyway, I'm letting off steam in the hope that some of the members in there can actually get someone to listen. I couldn't do a chargeback as it was not paid for with CC. And it would probably be too late anyhow i'm assuming (?)

Realise how frustrating it is not having access to something you broke your back over to pay for (every minute in my job is breaking my back. It's really that crap. ) and i don't know if scammed is the word as I couldn't imagine anyone intentionally doing that to someone for no reason.. but that's the way it certainly looks to me.

What good is TOC when a company doesn't stick by them. I mean i'm not 100% sure that a "disconnecting users for no reason whenever we choose" statement is in there, but either way any person that it happens to has just been fu%$eD over and TOC aint gonna do a thing. I'm not exactly gonna to to Germany or Sweden or wherver it is they are mainly based with a lawyer demanding $100 back. (even though i'd love to don't get me wrong) but the taxi to the airport would already put me into more debt than the $100 did.

..plus I think i'd realise I was a bit of a psycho if i done that lol.

Therefor it's really pointless trying to take legal action although i do appreciate the tips and all... but slightly useless all the same.

Point is, if anyone is considering getting an account there like I did.. I'm not saying don't. All i'm saying is be cautious because if they have done this to me then it's probably happened to 10 other folk..

..then again it could just be down to genuine human error.. One that they just didn't bother fixing after I emailed them 8 times.

Developer

I find this conversation pointless so I think maybe it should end before someone gets their feelings hurt. If you would like my 2 cents I would be willing to bet that the new German law had something to do with something. Anyway with the way the German government is acting toward security testing in general I wouldn't be messing around in their backyard any way.