Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: autoscan-network

Just burned his ISO

Default autoscan-network

i am using bt3 beta (the stripped down version) and it is installed on my hard drive(i have always done this) and autoscan is loading up and it will begin a scan on my home network but somewhere around 30 percent it crashes- as in just closes.... the error message is in french and of course i tried googling the problem before hand- but to no avail..... i actually had some problems with it on bt2final too... but i used it frequently untill it broke on bt2 and earlier versions of backtrack... i know there is nmap, which i like- but i like autoscan more..i like the intrusion detection function that it has integrated- and besides it is a pretty cool program-

network cards:
    DWL-G630
    GB110

error
    file: [objet.c]
    fonction: [ajouter_nouvelle_objet]
    line: [646]

creation parent avec |'objet [-1] qui ne peut pas etre un parent (modele_objet[modele_objet_parent].id_type_objet!=objet_parent)

Ouuhm no idea about this but have you tryed to install it again manually? Or upgrade it with slapt-get?

Developer

I just tried it on two different laptops and off a usb and it worked fine. Maybe you could post your exact commands you are entering in the wizard and we can take a look.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spike717x View Post
    network cards:
    DWL-G630
    GB110

error
    file: [objet.c]
    fonction: [ajouter_nouvelle_objet]
    line: [646]
    according to Babel Fish and someone who speaks french could verify this
    ajouter_nouvelle_objet is roughly " to add new object"

creation parent avec |'objet [-1] qui ne peut pas etre un parent (modele_objet[modele_objet_parent].id_type_objet!=objet_parent)
    and this isthe first line above" with |' object [ - 1 ] which cannot be a relative"

IMHO looks like the program is making a call or reference to something that is not there. ???

I would follow along with what pureh@te has suggested and post what you typed into the wizard.. I used the program and had no problems either.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

local network (default options)

localhost

ath0 [192.168.0.5]

summary:
    localnetwork
    ath0

i have always used the default options before- and the ip is correct for the interface

-i appreciate you input on this

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I'm not sure what the problem is with your setup I am running autoscannetwork 1.10
    which is the default for bt3 and again i am having no problems with it
    however out of the box when using the scripting engine to call up nmap it was not pointed to the right location. not sure where it was pointing but now it points to
    /usr/local/share/nmap and it works
    same thing with the ping script.
    so maybe as has been suggested you should try to reinstall it and see what happens.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

what is the directory location of the autoscan-network install-
    i have downloaded 1.11 and i am going to try it but it asks for the install directory and i would like to put it where it belongs-
    thanks

Just burned his ISO

i tried to reinstall 1.10 with no results- i downloaded the full version (dvd) of bt3 and installed it- again autoscan would not work- same error- i tried to run it from the dvd live- with the same error-which to me, indicates that it would be no error on my part as far as installation is involved. i am sure i can find some other app to use in place of this- but this has become a quest- L

thanks again for the help

mine also crashes occassionaly

I can't find what's causing it to crash but it does it randoml during and after network scans.

I'll try and get more info

I am also getting the same error intermittently. At the moment all seems to be working but I will keep trying. The error that I get when AutoScan closes is below:

Agent
    File :[Scan_Service.c]
    Fonction : [Recupere_Banniere_Http]
    Line : [272] - I think that this changes every time the error comes up but I will check the next time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast