Thread: Cisco Auditing Tool

Default Cisco Auditing Tool

Ran from KDE menu, heres terminal output:

Code:
    /root

/bin/sh: CAT: command not found
    I'm guessing the problem is that the menu item is set to execute 'echo;pwd;echo;CAT --help; sudo -s' and that this app isn't installed.

Solution:

Download and install CiscoAuditingTool from http://packetstormsecurity.org/cisco...Tool-v1.tar.gz into /pentest/cisco/ and update menu to reflect new location instead of looking for 'CAT' in /root

Its probably irrelevant but the system I tried is one was a generic desktop PC.

Developer

I'm actually moving this to the bugs and fixes however if you would have done a small amount of searching you would have found that shamen has already posted that there are some broken kde menu links. The tools are there but the links are bad. We are working on a fix for all of it.

I did see that post from shaman, however it was after I posted this :P

I did a 'locate CAT' and it didn't come up with anything and its not in /pentest/cisco where all the other cisco tools are at so I didn't think it was installed, but it could be hidden and I could be wrong.

Developer

You'll have to excuse me. It seems you are right. It is not there. I will write up the fix and add it to the wiki with your name. Thank you.

P.S. I'm doing a system search first just to make sure its not in the wrong place.

Developer

I have tested and confirmed this fix download the tool from here to your /pentest/cisco directory
    http://packetstormsecurity.org/cisco...Tool-v1.tar.gz

untar the archive

change your kde menu in the work path section. from

/pentest/cisco/cisco-audit-toll-v1/ to /pentest/cisco/CiscoAuditingTool/

And save.

credit for fix goes to chrisbdaemon

Just my little contribution to the project shamen probably would have found it in the menu rewrite.