Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few questions about software and sidebars...

zarraza

Question Few questions about software and sidebars...

Ok, firstly... is there a mail client in bt3 beta usb version? because im not used to of going online and checking mail through webmail. Also if bt3 has one but its kind a shitty what should i install. In windows i been using the bat! for last 5 years or so. Is there similar mail client in linux?

Lastly, does bt3 has those fancy sidebars that states all kind of info?

Thanks in advance

I'm sure I read that there was a mail client with the USB version and not the CD
    Maybe it's just the final one though?

And about the sidebar I'm extremely interested in one too, like you see on the newer video tutorials

zarraza

Quote Originally Posted by s1lang View Post
    I'm sure I read that there was a mail client with the USB version and not the CD
    Maybe it's just the final one though?

And about the sidebar I'm extremely interested in one too, like you see on the newer video tutorials
    yeah kid i read that too but cant find it no more... and yeah those sidebars looks sick. My desktop looks nice already with compiz, and wallpaper "my cool desktop", have transparent toolbar, changed some icons, i need just a damn sidebar and i would be all set on design part If you find that thread about email client let me know ... Thanks

p.s. Anyone else ?

Developer

type gkrellm in the shell. I'm not sure its in bt3 but it comes with slackware 12.0. Its the one dr.green and I have in our videos. If its not there just install it.

Cheers Purehate

Thats the one I was talking about

zarraza

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    type gkrellm in the shell. I'm not sure its in bt3 but it comes with slackware 12.0. Its the one dr.green and I have in our videos. If its not there just install it.
    no its not there... but can be downloaded from hxxp://slax.hosting4p.com/modules.php?category=system&id=1625&name=GKrellM_a ll_in_one and converted to lzm by using "mo2lzm file.mo file.lzm" then putting .lzm in bt3/modules folder.

p.s. thanks a lot pureh@te

EDIT: WHAT ABOUT email client... ? anyone ? Thanks

Developer

I'm quite certain there are modules for email clients. I dont personally use one but thunderbird comes to mind since your already using firefox or I guess kde has one called kmail. i'm sure theres many others. just get a mod or make one and drop it in your mod folder

A quick search on this forum will turn up @ least 2 lzm's for email clients
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

zarraza

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I'm quite certain there are modules for email clients. I dont personally use one but thunderbird comes to mind since your already using firefox or I guess kde has one called kmail. i'm sure theres many others. just get a mod or make one and drop it in your mod folder
    Got thunderbird... looks pretty ok. Thanks a lot m8

Found where I read it too:

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ghlight=compiz
    Bottom post, however it seemed to be speculation rather than fact.

Playing with GKrellM at the minute trying to get it into the module manager as it brings up a generic error. I've converted it like zarraza suggested. Then double clicked and an error: some error occured while inserting module to live file system

I presume this is me being a Linux noob

Edit:
    Once again solved it
    lzm2dir command should of been used

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast