Thread: Capturing Iv's very slow...

Just burned his ISO

Default Capturing Iv's very slow...

Hi there,

I bought a Alfa USB Realtek 8187L wireless stick yesterday. I tried to capture the Iv’s with Airodump in BackTrack V2, but the problem is; it captures only 40 Iv’s by 3 minutes! I also tried the aireplay –interactive and DeAuth command, but nothing works! Does anyone knows how to set it up? Do i need some driver? Or something else?

btw, Power is good, around 130.

Thanks!
    Grtz

I know a deauth attack will only... well, deauth a connected client, so they need to connect again. Why don't you try a standard -3 attack with aireplay first?

Normally, airodump on it's own WILL collect data in such a slow way. Networks generate data on their own, but it's unlikely it's as fast as when using an attack.

But first off, does aireplay --test show anything? Is injection working?

Just burned his ISO

I've found that unless I can deauth several clients on the network the aireplay -3 attack seems to work much better. It doesn't break the encryption in the same amount of time each time, but it is reliable.

With my test network I could never break it using deauth with only one client. I added 3 more clients and it worked, but I had already broken it with a -3 attack in roughly 6 minutes. The deauth attack took almost 2 hours.

As allready said you have to reinject with aireplay....

See this, think would help :-)

Good Luck!

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=569