Thread: Cant Deauth WPA STA for Handshake

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Cant Deauth WPA STA for Handshake

I've been patient for several hours trying to deauth a station to get a handshake and have been unsuccessful. Maybe I'm not doing something correctly.

The AP is WPA TKIP PSK and I have airodump-ng in a shell running exclusive to that AP channel, AP MAC and it shows a station connected.

In another shell I run aireplay-ng -0 1 -a AP MAC -c STATION MAC <device>

Several times I have sequenced aireplay-ng -0 10 and once -0 100

I have tried aireplay -0 1 -a AP MAC <device> and see only 1 station.

PWR Level is at 34, so I think I am getting signal to it.

Any suggestions?

I am using BT3b

Thanks.

Hi,

Remember that just because you are close enough to see the AP it does not always mean you are close enough to send data to a connected client.
    Removed by -=Xploitz=-
    We do NOT allow external links. We only allow "internal" links to our forums. See PM's.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Yeah, try walking over to his house and sit on the front porch to do it, you will get a better signal that way.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

Then eventually the station would need to re-authorize, correct? For some reason or another and if I was monitiring I'd get the handshake, correct?

I'm using an Alpha 1/2 watt device. I think i should be able to get to the station...

funny, cause I can't auth with the wpa AT HOME!

@ attitude,

Try running aireplay-ng -0 0 -a AP MAC -c STATION MAC <device>

That should continuously deauth and leave it running until you see you have a handshake in airodump. That's always worked for me at least. Also like harry said being close doesn't always mean you will be successful. I've been distant before with a very low power level and the weirdest thing... my usb optical mouse when it was positioned just a certain way close to my wireless card it somehow made injection work. If I moved it away from my card injection stopped, but if I moved it closer and positoned it a certain way it worked just fine

Hope that helps some.