Thread: Vaio vgn-fz21e and others

Just burned his ISO

Default Vaio vgn-fz21e and others

Hello BackTrack users and developers. First of all thank you for this wonderfull "plataform" for pentest, really usefull.

I loaded the livecd on my laptop a Vaio fz21e(core 2 duo 7250, nvidia 8400GT, ipw3945) and unfortunetely i had to change the driver that xorg was loading from nv to vesa. Otherwise i dont have X. The first time i "less" Xorg.conf the screen zone didnt have a screen resolution field to.

I notice some bugs on the script to load and unload the injection module for my wireless card, but i usually like to do this kind of stuff manually. The IPWRAW actually works and i could test it last night.

There are others help scripts in the distro that are bugy but nothing that can cause trouble.

Good Job i hope you can manage the problems i described, most important the X problem, so that i dont have on every boot to change code and stuff.

Best Regards from Portugal.

ps: i forget to say that as usual i can reduce my backlight of the screen, fn keys, etc.... does not work. Since i have this laptop i have large problems of compatibility with linux based systems. In this aspect sony sucks. If any developer have a VAIO FZ series and could help me.

Just burned his ISO

Installed BT3 Beta on a usb stick for booting on my laptop, a vaio vgn-fz21s:
    • cpu: intel core du T7500 2.20 GHz
    • 2 Gb DDR2
    • 802.11 a/b/g/n (intel 4965)
    • nvidia GeForce 8600M GS

Could not have X running with the default set, so I downloaded the new nvidia driver for linux, NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.23-pkg1.run, installed them, run nvidia-config to rewrite xorg.cong and it worked fine.
    Didn' have the time to test all the hw in my box. So far I can say audio, bluetooth work fine. Wlan doesn't seem to work but I know how to fix it configuring manually.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks one more for ur effort, ur passion and for everything you give to the infosec community. It's amazing.

P.S. maybe the post should go under the working hw section, but I found this thread about quite the same laptop of mine...

Just burned his ISO

can you change your backlight level?

Just burned his ISO

hey guys
    i'm still a noob in backtrack, I have an fz21e and i'm having problems to have x working, can you explain me step by step how to get that working?

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

don't worry I figured it out how to get to backtrack but I cant get packed injection, is there any problem with ipw3945 and fz21e

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tristao View Post
    don't worry I figured it out how to get to backtrack but I cant get packed injection, is there any problem with ipw3945 and fz21e
    You have to load the drivers in order to use them I believe.

Have a look here:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=10155
    And here:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...hlight=ipw3945
    You drivers are highlighted in red to find the relevant posts faster.

Also if you are having problems then you might wanna post in the newbie forum this is where most people look and go for help.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.