Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BT3/XP dual boot HDD install problem-Kernel panic

lba32
    boot = /dev/hdc
    Also change to this /dev/sda not /dev/hdc.........!!!!!!!!!!!

Just burned his ISO

Arrow

hey rockrmc, Purehate....
    I am so excited....finally i solved the problem with my machine and now i can boot with both the operating system perfectly......
    I have spent whole of the christmas day and boxing day for that but finally...hurray i have done it....actually there was little problem with the lilo.conf file and i have changed it to point to my C:....
    and i have done this with 6 partitions altogether with some easy steps from muts transcript....only instead of creating partititons through Fdisk i have created those beforehand with PartitionMagic 8 on WinXP....
    so delighted to see it working....
    thanks for your support and thank to the Team for creating a lovely disto...Cheers
    now i can enjoy the dinner today with my wiffeey......

Chottu: You PM'ed me yesterday. I was out of course ... So, I take it everything is sorted? All OK?

Just burned his ISO

hi The Denv,

Yes i finally able to solve the problem and i am able to run both the OS successfullly...thanks for your response......

i no im getin confuseled with all this linux cr*p 2 i need help i have installed followin all instructions in the forum and when selecting Backtrack 3

/mnt/sda2
    /dev/sda2
    like that and for windows ;like this ...
    windows

/mnt/sda1
    /dev/sda1

and select for the bootfile to be stored were (i chose /mnt/sda2 ) and it didnt work does this mean it needs to go on same partition as my xp system? see im confused is this even correct if i choose this option instead of the 1st way i tryed and is there any othwer ways or bits im spose to do after setup is complete b4 i restart laptop?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by chottu View Post
    hey rockrmc, Purehate....
    I am so excited....finally i solved the problem with my machine and now i can boot with both the operating system perfectly......
    I have spent whole of the christmas day and boxing day for that but finally...hurray i have done it....actually there was little problem with the lilo.conf file and i have changed it to point to my C:....
    and i have done this with 6 partitions altogether with some easy steps from muts transcript....only instead of creating partititons through Fdisk i have created those beforehand with PartitionMagic 8 on WinXP....
    so delighted to see it working....
    thanks for your support and thank to the Team for creating a lovely disto...Cheers
    now i can enjoy the dinner today with my wiffeey......

Hey ...
    Look but how do you resolves the problem?
    My problem is, too:
    Kernel panic-not syncing: No init found. Try passing init = option to kernel

I would appreciate help me ..
    thanks ..

Quote Originally Posted by dopearmy View Post
    Hey ...
    Look but how do you resolves the problem?
    My problem is, too:
    Kernel panic-not syncing: No init found. Try passing init = option to kernel

I would appreciate help me ..
    thanks ..
    help me please...
    []'s

Quote Originally Posted by dopearmy View Post
    help me please...
    []'s
    Are you serious, bumping a thread 2 minutes after posting a question to an offline member? That is probably not the best way to get any serious and helpful answers.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Are you serious, bumping a thread 2 minutes after posting a question to an offline member? That is probably not the best way to get any serious and helpful answers.
    Sorry ...
    But is that really urgent ...
    Wait for answers ...
    thanks ..

Just burned his ISO

i can't seem to get it to run like ubinto or what ever it's called I like the way it work when ya boot up I want a choich to pick backtrack off the list as I use it most of the time any help would be cool as I spend most of my time tryin to spell

Just burned his ISO

dopearmy, post your lilo.conf file here...

boot into your backtrack cd/usb/etc....and depending on where you installed your backtrack install at, point to that (i.e. /mnt/hda1/etc/lilo.conf, /mnt/sda2/etc/lilo.conf, etc.) and copy it and post it here. Once we see what is going on, then we can help you, but not until then. I had this same problem before and it can be a very simple fix, we just need to know where you installed backtrack to...on what partition, what drive, etc.

izwild, are you trying to install BT3 to a hard drive? If so, then look for Pureh@te's tut on "how to install backtrack 3 final from the shell"...if you can't find it, then google it. Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast