Thread: Pirana for BT4 or an equivalent tool available ?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Pirana for BT4 or an equivalent tool available ?

Hello all,

As a trainer, I need to use Pirana for a lab. The purpose is to send spam through a firewall and see how we can block it. So I have a note which explains how to configure BT3 with Pirana to do that. The problem is that - as far as I know - , Pirana is only available on BT3, not BT4. Furthermore, BT has to be installed on a VM. I have found BT4 in .vmx but not BT3 any more. So I need one of these 2 solutions :

- Find BT3 in vmware format (.vmx)
    - Find an analog tool of Pirana for BT4. I'm not really an expert in hacking tools that's why I've posted in "beginners forum". so it would be nice for me to have a tool that have a quite similar way of working than Pirana.

Thanks for all everybody, best regards.
    Last edited by Tchek; 02-02-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: make my post clearer

Default Re: Pirana for BT4 or an equivalent tool available ?

There is a vmware image available for download at backtrack-linux.org --> downloads. As for your other question, you'll have to wait for someone else, because I'm not really sure. You may want to ask in IRC (#backtrack-linux on freenode) too, might be quicker.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks Clutch. BT4 is available in .vmx http://backtrack-linux.org/downloads, but not BT3. About Pirana on BT4 or something else, you're probably right, I would probably have a quicker answer on IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchek View Post
    - Find BT3 in vmware format (.vmx)
    Why not just install BT3 to vmware manually from the ISO image? It's not that hard to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    There is a vmware image available for download at backtrack-linux.org --> downloads.
    Yes, there is, but he specifically asked for a BT3 vmware image, and that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks guys. The problem that I have is that when I try to download BT 3 here : Downloads , server does not answer, and it was the same all day long. I've tried to download the .torrent from here : Backtrack 3 installer - Backtrack-fr, but I've downloaded 0,1% in 3 hours... So in fact, even in the .iso format, I don't know how to download BT3. I agree with you Snayler, even if I'm lazy I could install BT on a VM with an ISO image, but even ISO image is unavailable for me. Any ideas ? Do you know any tools on BT4 that could replace Pirana ? Thanks by advance.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

There is a VMware image of BT3 here if you must have it:

Download vmhost from SourceForge.net

And it can also be found at numerous torrent sites as well.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks a lot guys.

I've managed to download BT3 and install it on a VM, I've tested Pirana like I explained but I'm not really happy with this tool (maybe that's why it has been removed in BT4). So my question is : which tools are available in BT4 to do such things (send spam in a quite simply way) ? I've searched (maybe in a wrong way) but still not found something similar. Thanks.

Just burned his ISO

Up, thanks by advance