Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: bt3 problem after reboot

I also am having the same problem of the checking the filesystem everytime that i boot into BT3b. I am using ext2 atm. Another problem that i think is related is that when i try and use the file browser to go to my bt3 partition it gives me a very long error (if needed i will copy it down), and doesnt let me view it or mount it. Will that rc.6 solution work for this also?
    I think your pb same with me too,and i fix it..edit /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab..then mount the bt3 partition and you can open to view it...

Default rc.6 fix works here...

thanks for the info here, guys...

as maybe a little corroborating data on this, i'm not sure that the ext2 fs is the only thing going on here:

i had the exact same problem with '/' being fsck'd at every boot.
    This is a "real" HDD installation of bt3 on fresh cfdisk'd partitions of a 40g hd on a Dell D600 laptop. these partitions were never anything but ext3 and were created specifically for bt3 (no previous data):

Code:
                                     Disk Drive: /dev/hda
                               Size: 40007761920 bytes, 40.0 GB
                     Heads: 255   Sectors per Track: 63   Cylinders: 4864

Name         Flags       Part Type   FS Type           [Label]         Size (MB)
     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        hda1                      Primary    Linux swap                          1019.94
        hda2         Boot         Primary    Linux ext3                          5000.98
        hda3                      Primary    Linux ext3                          5000.98
        hda4                      Primary    Linux                               28985.89
    initially, i tried either logging in as a non-root account or logging in without X (and just immediately "shutdown -h now") just to see if that helped, of course it didnt....

i booted off of my slack 12 disk and ran a manual fsck on unmounted hda2...
    it complained about the last mount and the last write being in the future...blah blah blah (which i let it fix) and it only had 0.8 non-contiguous...so i didnt think that was really related.

sure enough, after the next bt3 reboot, the issue was back.

i've tried several different ways of mounting the drive (/etc/fstab)...here is the latest:

Code:
    # aufs / aufs defaults 0 0 # AutoUpdate
    # /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 ext3 auto,noatime,users,suid,dev,exec 0 0 # AutoUpdate
    # /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy vfat noauto,noatime,users,suid,dev,exec 0 0 # AutoUpdate
    #
    /dev/hda2 / ext3 defaults 1 1 #AutoUpdate
    /dev/hda3 /forensics ext3 defaults 1 1 #AutoUpdate
    /dev/hdc /mnt/hdc iso9660 noauto,users,exec 0 0 # AutoUpdate
    #
    devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0 # AutoUpdate
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0 # AutoUpdate
    sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0 # AutoUpdate
    yeh, its a little messy by now

so, i tried the rc.6 fix and uncommented the killall as posted here and the issue seems to have resolved.
    i don't really see a down-side to the resolution (for me, anyway) but i suppose im a little curious about the cause.

reiser has scared me in the past on a data restore so im a little gun-shy there...but as long as this fixes it, no blood no foul.

thanks again for all the info in the thread....
    peace!
    ~k
    "...you've picked up a bit of an attitude. Still curious and willing to learn, I hope. "

Just burned his ISO

I also have the problem. BT3 freezes when almost immediately after shutting down (no messages, the screen simply goes black). The Linux file system on the install drive was bt3. I took a ghosted image of the drive which mentioned that the partition wasn't clean.

Just burned his ISO

Default Same Problem

I'm install bt3 on hd too and i have the same problem always i try to enter, first i have to wait until the system check the file system and reboot.
    Anyone knows why?

This has been answered many times. Use ext3 not ext2
    There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

-I already know I cant spel-

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345