Thread: kismet_client issues

Just burned his ISO

Default kismet_client issues

I have screen display issues when executing the following:

kismet_client -s 172.16.0.1:2501

What works:

A successful connection to the kismet server is made.

All of the information that is usually shown in the right hand column (networks, packets, etc) is correctly displayed. GPS Data and the new network display information below the GPS information is properly displayed.

What doesn't:

The actual networks aren't shown. Also attempts to change the sorting of the data do not work at all. kismet_client shows that you want to sort by bssid or other criteria but it actually has no effect. You are trapped in autofit mode with no meaningful data (that section of the screen is blank).

Quote Originally Posted by sp00k View Post
    I have screen display issues when executing the following:

kismet_client -s 172.16.0.1:2501

What works:

A successful connection to the kismet server is made.

All of the information that is usually shown in the right hand column (networks, packets, etc) is correctly displayed. GPS Data and the new network display information below the GPS information is properly displayed.

What doesn't:

The actual networks aren't shown. Also attempts to change the sorting of the data do not work at all. kismet_client shows that you want to sort by bssid or other criteria but it actually has no effect. You are trapped in autofit mode with no meaningful data (that section of the screen is blank).
    So what happens when you execute kismet normally and use the s command followed by another sorting option?
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Forgive me if I didn't explain adequately. Even if you try and using the sorting option nothing is displayed in the main console area. The main console window responds in accordance to expected behavior if that makes any sense. Nonetheless nothing is displayed in the main area and it responds as if its still in autofit mode regardless of attempts to change the sorting mode.