Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation of Backtrack 3

Default Installation of Backtrack 3

ok after i install it using the real installation , the 2700 when backtrack starts i don't see the cool menu it showed before with the iso image

i saw the plain old one it had one bt2 also where i have to put root and toor to login .

i really liked the menu . is it possible to have it after the installation also ?

i am suprised no answers yet, i know it's not something essential but anyhow..it also saves some time from booting

Properbly because know one understands excactly what you mean?!?

zarraza

he talks about login screen. I guess it is missing on his machine...

i am sorry if i wasn't clear enough but i am talking about the screen you get when you boot where u can choose which mode will the interface will be loaded ( kde/flux/compiz etc )

after i installed backtrack in vmware machine using real installation that screen doesn't appear anymore

Just burned his ISO

I too am trying to install backtrack 3 beta but as a dual boot with XP. I've already looked at some posts and installed it yesterday however I don't know whether its been installed or not now because there is no boot options screen from lilo and it boots straight into windows. I'm a bit new to fiddling with the LILO boot loader and don't even know where it is so I can edit it. I did pick live install because it was default in the pop up screen and not real, have no idea what the difference is. It came up during the install do you want to install the SLAX bootloader this is lilo isn't it? and a line about taking offline any existing operating systems I aborted because I was unsure of what to do but I didn't want anything overwritten. I'm very new to linux. I would appreciate your guidance on this as it would be good to get it all up and working.

Cheers,

Chars

Quote Originally Posted by chars098 View Post
    I too am trying to install backtrack 3 beta but as a dual boot with XP. I've already looked at some posts and installed it yesterday however I don't know whether its been installed or not now because there is no boot options screen from lilo and it boots straight into windows. I'm a bit new to fiddling with the LILO boot loader and don't even know where it is so I can edit it. I did pick live install because it was default in the pop up screen and not real, have no idea what the difference is. It came up during the install do you want to install the SLAX bootloader this is lilo isn't it? and a line about taking offline any existing operating systems I aborted because I was unsure of what to do but I didn't want anything overwritten. I'm very new to linux. I would appreciate your guidance on this as it would be good to get it all up and working.

Cheers,

Chars
    dude i don't have the answer to your problem but do post it in another thread as mine is totally different.. Good luck solving your problem

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bwise View Post
    dude i don't have the answer to your problem but do post it in another thread as mine is totally different.. Good luck solving your problem
    Hijackers!!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

bwise,

not exactly sure what your conditons are but for me:

...BT3 Beta ISO is on my hard drive
    ...VMware 6.02 is installed on my XP Host o/s on the PC
    ...BT3 is my guest o/s on the PC
    ...I start BT3 from the BT3 iso via VMWare
    ...I get the initial screen you are referring to with the boot choices

Are you doing anything similar to the above? Or something else?

Developer

He's saying that he actually went through the install on his virtual drive I'm assuming. So the answer so far is NO you cannot get that boot screen back and you dont need it. In compiz you can switch window mangers and If you want command line only the don't startx. What else from that menu do you really need except the l33tness of the way it looks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast