Thread: sound setup help... tried alsaconf w/ no luck

Hybrid View

Arrow sound setup help... tried alsaconf w/ no luck

so i need help setting up sound. I tried alsaconf with no luck. I'm on a lenovo T61p laptop. With sound hardware: Intel HD Audio Controller 82801H (ICH8 Family) according to alsaconf. Please Help... Im using BT3 Beta but could not get sound on BT2 either.

So I was able to find a fix for people using a T61p and have heard that this hack works with other lenovo computers as well using ICH8 audio. Go here-->

hxxp://launchpadlibrarian.net/8899521/t61_audio_hack.py

Download the file
    Then Hit Alt+F2
    Then type : python t61_audio_hack.py

That should do it. For more information or where I found the hack go here -->

hxxps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/133105

Quote Originally Posted by user17 View Post
    So I was able to find a fix for people using a T61p and have heard that this hack works with other lenovo computers as well using ICH8 audio. Go here-->

hxxp://launchpadlibrarian.net/8899521/t61_audio_hack.py

Download the file
    Then Hit Alt+F2
    Then type : python t61_audio_hack.py

That should do it. For more information or where I found the hack go here -->

hxxps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/133105
    I tried this and when I ran the python file, pressed alt+f2 and typed in the command nothing happend. After I waited 10 minutes I pressed ctrl+c and this is the result:

Code:
     Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "./t61_audio_hack.py", line 28, in <module>
        time.sleep(5)
    KeyboardInterrupt
    alsaconf doesn't solve it, installing the new alsa drivers doesn't solve it. Ubuntu 7.10 can run smooth with sound on my laptop and with Back|Track I can not seem to get sound. I know its something to do with HD codec bugs in the BT kernel but I thought it would have been solved by now. Hopefully BT3_final will have some Ubuntu_7.10 sound files

So I don't remember now if i ran alsaconf before applying the hack but you should try that. And then try to unmute with the buttons at the top left corner of your laptop, I noticed that the buttons will either mute or unmute sound but will not adjust volume levels. Dont forget to try the blue ThinkVantage button. DENY what model computer are u using? And what audio hardware. According to alsaconf I am using ICH8 family hardware... Im also hoping that the sound will be fixed by BT3 Final...

P.S. Nothing is suppose to happen when you run the hack... But if you run speaker-test it should produce some noise.