Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: slapt-get

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I am typing gslapt at the command prompt. Once gslapt comes up and i try to run update it run for a few and then it will crash with the message in the command prompt "gslapt: symbol lookup error: gslapt: undefined symbol: slapt_init_source_list"
    This looks like gslapt is not "finding" a source for downloading
    so you should look there its the 3rd tab under preferences to see if it has a source if not then add http://darkstar.ist.utl.pt/slackware...lackware-12.0/
    this to your sources list. It should also be the same in the verification tab too.

The next question have you used the command line version and does it work?
    again it looks like
    Code:
    #slapt-get
    of course with the --update flag thrown onto it.
    Post back if this works or not.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

That is the only source listed, i don't see a verification tab.

slapt-get -update is working fine.

Edit: now i am getting the error "gslapt: symbol lookup error: gslapt: undefined symbol: slapt_get_pkg_source_changelog" when i try update in gslapt.
    i am not getting the other error now.

I am going to stick with using slapt-get but it is just tweaking me that i can't figure out what is going on.

Thank you for a working package link ^^ I really missed that in BackTrack 3 :')
    I'll also try update my slapt-get as i didn't even think of that to start with.
    (xD ya sometimes i just get all confused and i go \_(o_o)_/ it should work but it doesn't).

Thanks again as it works now for me
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Just burned his ISO

Default Slapt-get / Gslapt - GPG Key verification failed

Is anyone else having problems with the GPG Key verification ?

darkstar.ist.utl.pt/slackware/addon/slacky/slackware-12.0/

The repository was working fine for me last week, now for some reason I am having problems with the GPG Key not working. Even on a new USB install. Also a friend is having the same problem.
    In Gslapt, I keep getting a error:

"GPG Key verification failed"

If it is something on my end, can someone point me in the right direction for research on how to resolve the problem or fill me in with a solution.

Thanks in advance

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the GPG Key verification ?
    is something on my end, can someone point me in the right direction for research on how to resolve the problem or fill me in with a solution.
    Thanks in advance
    What version of slap-get are you using ?
    Did you read the rest of this post ?
    It addresses several issues with slap-get in bt3 beta and it offers answers as well as solutions to the problem.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Strange thing is i had a few problems with the GPG Key at work,
    but not at home as slapt-get works fine somehow.. Install GPG then
    (manually)
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

I'm using slapt-get version 0.9.10e using the http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/slac...kware-current/ and ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackwar...kware-current/ mirrors to grab packages from, and when i tell it to slapt-get --install gslapt it tells me there's no such package. Has this damned thing lost its mind? I smell gremlins.

Developer

You need to use the repo.

Just burned his ISO

OK I got slapt-get working fine using 9.10e, no problems at all, however with gslapt i get "usr/sbin/gslapt' command not found when trying to update, yes i added 'darkstar' makes no difference, i also have confirmed the file 'usr/sbin/gslpat" is indeed there. any suggestions? i also tried installing and reinstalling, 3.18. a and b,... 3.19. a and b... same problem with all 4 versions

Developer

To be honest I have never used gslapt and see no need to. Hopefully some one else may have a solution for you.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast