Thread: Boot Dell Inspiron 1501

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Boot Dell Inspiron 1501

====Temporary Fix====
    Seems to be an ACPI problem as hinted by the line it hangs at, here's a quick fix

At the bootmenu, highlight one of the text options (seems to hang on a black screen if you select KDE) and then press TAB and append
    " acpi=off" to the line and press enter which will lead to to a text login. Use the usual root:toor and then type "startx" and you're into KDE

Just burned his ISO

hi fella,

just signed in to say thanks for that fix. piece of shit dell i bought lolz!! keyboards are shit on these things as well tbh, i never 'missed' so many keys in my life.

cheers

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the Fix ! Sorted out the same problem with my Dell Vostro 1000

Now maybe I can finally crack wep with the help of Xploits vids.

Cheers !
    Mike

hi all, i get the same crash on the same line am going to try the ACPI fix if it works then a big thanks in advance

PS im on an MSI M677-Pro notebook so if there is someone else out there with the same problem this fix is def worth a try will update later what happens

hi, thanks for the awesome fix

also to confirm this will work for MSI M677 Pro notebooks that get a black screen after you choose ure boot method. jus put that one line in and ure set

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy dell laptop 1510 no keyboard/touchpad mouse

hi i am having problems with a new dell laptop 1510 model.When bt3 boots to desktop i have no mouse on the touchpad and also no input from the keyboard can anybody help?I have been using bt on many computers but this is the first time i have encountered this problem.