Thread: No clients and no Station MAC

Default No clients and no Station MAC

No clients and no Station MAC

Hi everyone,

I hope this isn't to noob!

I just want to ask a question and hopefully get some information.

I have done a bit of research regarding this but left with no other option but to post a question.

Ok, what if I have an AP with OPN authentication, Mac filtering and I'm not connected for someone to grab my Stations MAC.

The Aircrack doco states

Code:
     Some access points are configured to only allow selected MAC access to associate and connect. If this is the case, you will not be able to successfully do fake authentication unless you know one of the MAC addresses on the allowed list. Thus ,the advantage of the next technique (interactive replay) is that it gets around this control.

To determine if MAC access control is in place, enter the following command:

tcpdump -n -vvv -s0 -e -i ath0 | grep -i -E "(RA:00:c0:ca:17:db:6a|Authentication|ssoc)"

You will have to change “00:c0:ca:17:db:6a” to the injection MAC address. It is case sensitive and typically lowercase. You may need to look at the tcpdump output without the grep filter to verify the case.
    So as far as I can see, there a little bit out of luck aren't they?
    without my PC being connected and mac filtering they wouldn't even be able to export or use aireplay-ng.

Is there another way to snatch my MAC Address if they have no idea what it is?

Merry Xmass!

Just burned his ISO

this answer is what i'm looking 4

I have searched High and low my friend. Either you can cheat and look in your router. For me I'm “not” a cracker it's experimental purposes only (I love WIFI security!!) 1 year ago someone used my connection and cost me $$$ and also copied my /dev/sda2 I want to prevent it from happening to me and everyone else and learn extremely valuable Unix skills, in order for me to work in technical services. In your case my friend I'm not sure what you're doing. You will just have to run Airodump for a couple of days, weeks months years and look at the TXT file it brings out

I just thought there was a way to get in my modem and use my bandwidth if they didn’t know the Station MAC, which is filtered. And there’s not.

I have similar problem.

The MAC filtering on AP is on. I already have the password, so i just need a way to bypass MAC filtering. There are no clients connected to the AP.

Is it possible to get valid MAC address via brute force or similar tehnique?

Thanks for your help.

If you require the trusted MAC Address for the AP you just have to wait.

have you tried tcpdump -n -vvv -s0 -e -i ath0 | grep -i -E "(RA:00:c0:ca:17:db:6a|Authentication|ssoc)"

But if you have the AP PAssword you could read the DHCP Table and grab it from there if it's still leased, or read the AP logs located in telnet or if it has a GUI section for logs.