Thread: We need instructions on how to dualboot VISTA / BT3

Phillyblonds

Default We need instructions on how to dualboot VISTA / BT3

would someone make instructions on how to install BT3 on a pc with vista on it , i mean dual boot Vista/bt3 ,

the bt2 unstructions dont work , or needs to be tweaked, would be nice if someone already done it and write down the exact steps you took for it to work . i dont want to install it only , i want it to dual boot with vista

i tried the bt2 method but lost all my data in the process, so am not doing ot again until am really sure, am not a noob , i´ve done it before with bt2 and it worked fine, its not the same on bt3, thus missing qtparted, sure there is parted on bt3 but nothing i´ve worked on before, again , if anyone done it sucessfully please post complete instructions ( not guessing) tested and working ones (please)

a video would be cool

am sure others would like to know

thanx in advance

Great work BT team

Developer

This is completely untrue. I as well as Balding parrot and a few others laid this myth to rest a long time ago. The install method is exactly the same and as a matter of fact I am on a dual boot vista/bt computer right now. If you follow the dual boot video on the wiki by muts the core devloper every thing will work fine. Just a side note if there are 5 or 6 install methods available and ONE is by the core developer of backtrack which one would you follow? hhhmmmmmm........

zarraza

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    This is completely untrue. I as well as Balding parrot and a few others laid this myth to rest a long time ago. The install method is exactly the same and as a matter of fact I am on a dual boot vista/bt computer right now. If you follow the dual boot video on the wiki by muts the core devloper every thing will work fine. Just a side note if there are 5 or 6 install methods available and ONE is by the core developer of backtrack which one would you follow? hhhmmmmmm........
    yeah that guide by muts its just simply amazing, but in my case it doesnt work because i have 2-3 partitions on my hdd already (10 GB for C: and rest for D. I did exact same steps as muts but in qtparted got some ntfs error, so it could not make one more partition for bt3. Im gonna do a fresh win install in a few weeks,so i'll make just 1 partition, so it would be the same as in the muts video.