Thread: Booting from USB

Junior Member imported_soultaker666's Avatar

Default Booting from USB

I have been trying to boot from my USB thumbdrive but everytime I get to the "Looking for data directory" in the main boot up screen (After I choose the KDE gui)it freezes and will not continue to boot. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? I have also tried other boot up options and it freezes at the same spot.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

Just burned his ISO

is your BT3 on your base directory?

Just burned his ISO

I have the same problem, my bt3 folder is in the base dir of the usb dongle, and everything seems to be correct. when i boot i get this error message.

Fatal error accured - slax data not found.
    You are maybe using an unsupported boot device (eg. scsi or old pcmcia)
    workaround: copy the directory slax from your boot device to an IDE/SATA
    disk, eg. To /mnt/hda1/slax or c:\slax. Then try to boot again.
    Something went wrong and we cant continue. this sould never happen.
    Please reboot your computer with ctrl+alt+del ...

Actually its a tiny bit diffrent but its because this error is from my ophcrack, but it gives me the same error and its the same type of boot configuration etc etc etc.

I have used the dongle for other uses regarding booting etc, but this way of installing dosnt seem to work..
    iv checked both isoes (bt3 and ophcrack) and they work if i burn the iso to a cd.

Just burned his ISO

kk i have the same problem, but if you get to that searching for data directory screen and just let it sit, eventually after like 5-10 minutes itll go through, i dunno its messed up i dont know why. it's BT 3.0 beta so ya i dunno give iet a shot

How is your thumbdrive partitioned and formatted?? I've had it do that to me when I forgot to format it fat.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

You have to create a changes folder on your drive. I have step-by-step info on the partitioning etc. on my blog n00bhacker.blogspot.com . Use the table of contents on the top to get to the page you need.

Direct Link: http://n00bhacker.blogspot.com/2008/...e-changes.html