Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Orinoco Gold + Prism II

Just burned his ISO

OK, I have put BT3 onto a USB stick with persistant changes enabled (it seems to work great). I have blacklisted the orinoco / hermes drivers and enabled the hostap_cs drivers.

I also downloaded the patched version of hostap as shown above from *ttp://yousuck.dk/hostap.tar.gz and replaced the folder in /lib/modules/2.6.21.5/kernel/drivers/net/wireless.

Rebooted, inserted the Senao. No error messages I run the modprobe hostap_cs from console just to be sure.

Run airodump-ng which works great as the sensitivity of this card is excellent.

Tried running the injection test airplay-ng -9 wlan0 = failed and no AP found.
    Run command ifconfig wlan0 up (to be sure again)
    Checked the card was in monitor mode = yes

Run the injection test again = failed no AP found.

I then forced the Wlan0 interface onto channel 4 and run the injection test again.

Trying broadcast probe requests...
    Injection is working!
    Found 2 APs etc etc.

I am unsure why initially forcing the card to listen on a channel activates the drivers / interface so any further comments welcome.

Just a quick question though. As so many people tend to use this card or a re branded variation it would be nice to see it supported a bit better on the final release.

Anyway, thanks for the thread and info - Off to install the full version to HDD as I can now inject with the Senao.

After changing the 4 files in the hostap folder my senao card still crashes, (after putting modprobe hostap_cs command)
    so i think that not all the senao ext2 cards have the same chipset.

and will not work in backtrack 3

in backtrack 2 i had the same problems but after trying a lot of things it finally worked, ( after clean install with the script of dark audax )

i prefer the use of a senaocard instead of my ubiquiti becouse the senao is more sensitive and shows more networks.

any idea howto found out what chipset is really in your card?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by maxwin View Post
    any idea howto found out what chipset is really in your card?
    I usually google the name on the card and then put chipset after it that usually returns the resaults I am looking for

-----------

I also have a zcom 325HP+ (Prism 2.5) chipset PCMCIA card that crashes apon boot after reading this forum I will try changing the files arond as suggested my main problem however is I have a Life Book that I have BT3 installed on and it has a onboard wireless card with a Prism2.5 chipset because It is onboard i cannot remove it does anywon no how I could disable it in order to boot backtrack? I hope the Prism Cards get fixed in the next update I just Bought a 24DB dish and want to play with it haha

Thanks
    -Justin

Just burned his ISO

Default HostAP injection doesn't work

I am trying to solve the same problem with HostAP injection in BT3, but unfortunately without success.

I have NL-2511CD PLUS EXT2 with patched firmware to 1.74
    It works well after blacklisting orinoco drivers in BT2.

But I can't get working it in BT3. I've tried blacklisting too, but without success.

I have laptop Toshiba Tecra S5 with intel pm965 chipset. I have noticed similar problems with hostap injection (aircrack-ng.org)

I there any solution for me ?
    Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 and SMC2532 /sbin/modprobe abnormal exit

Hi,
    I have SMC2532W-B card on Lenovo Thinkpad T60 and this does not seem to work as well.
    If get the "abnormal exit" error in trying to execute /sbin/modprobe.

After this the boot process stalls and I've to hard boot the system.
    Any resolutions yet?

Thanks,
    tr4nce.

...so can anyone for sure 100% confirm that injection works with senao cards in BT3? even after patching? I really would love to use bt3!

Just burned his ISO

I just bought this card today june 14 after returning a other card that did not work.When i run this command in bt3 my hawking hwug108 card it comes up blank and i cant enable monitor mode when i try its says not supported .I want to know how to install the hug108 card in bt3 because i am running vista and bt3 on a vurtual machine.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark0n3 View Post
    Hi!

I've got a solution for the Prism Inject problems.

The core off the problem is that the hostap included with BT3 isn't patched with the Inject patch from aircrack-ng.org

The solution is to download the BT3 Kernel files, extract them using lzm2dir kernel.lzm /

and then patch the hostap driver with the hostap-kernel-2.6.18.patch, like this: patch -Np1 -i hostap-kernel-2.6.18.patch, and then make modules && make modules_install.

I dont know if there are other ways to do it.

Regards
    Dark0n3

Or you could just use the pre patched hostap files from:
    *ttp://yousuck.dk/hostap.tar.gz

Just extract them into /lib/modules/2.6.21.5/kernel/drivers/net/wireless and replace the existing hostap folder.

Regards
    Dark0n3
    works ! , but i dont sussefull injection whith no clients ... sorry my badn english :P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234