Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orinoco Gold + Prism II

Are *that* many people still using "B" only cards, such as Hermes?

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Are *that* many people still using "B" only cards, such as Hermes?
    Effects Prism 2.5 Cards such as Seano's as well. Only solution I have found is make sure Orinoco drivers are unloaded and hostap is loaded. Which currently I do in script or blacklist if using hard drive.

Output on untouched usb:
    error output 1

error output 2
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

What about wlan_ng? Does that work?
    (I haven't used any of my Prism 2.5 cards for so long I don't even know if wlan_ng is in BT3b? I should go look, but it's quicker/simpler just to mention it anyway...)

i have this problem, on a Fujitsu Siemens laptop..

i have tried 3 different adapters:
    Linksys Wireless G USB
    Belkin 54G Usb
    Orinoco PCMCIA (5 Volt)

(I haven't used any of my Prism 2.5 cards for so long I don't even know if wlan_ng is in BT3b? I should go look, but it's quicker/simpler just to mention it anyway...)
    I have a DWL-122 USB dongle card. When using ndiswrapper I get a similar kernel error message as others. If the device is plugged in while 'modprobe ndiswrapper' my computer freezes. If I plug in the device after modprobe. I still get error message but device seems to work properly. I have been using the wlan-ng drivers (0.2.8) without any issues. If you are using patched drivers and prism2_usb device, keep in mind INJECTION IS NOT SUPPORTED WITH USB AND WLAN-NG!

If anyone would like, here is a link for the wlan-ng-0.2.8 drivers as a module. Just place it in your /BT3/modules directory and boot. As my USB device doesn't support injection. I have no way of testing if they will work for your particular set-up. But, they are patched non the less. I'm only using these drivers as to prevent the kernel panic I receive with ndiswrapper and the fact that it's not supported with hostap. I also tend to get a more stable connection with wlan-ng drivers.

http://rapidshare.com/files/86160674...0.2.8.lzm.html

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post

My Orinoco Silver (Avaya) and Senao 2511CD give the same problem on my Toshiba 2455-S305. The internal Atheros 5005 works flawlessy.
    Before trying BT3 beta, they worked very well on the same laptop with BT2.

Just burned his ISO

Default modprobe abnormal exit

I am getting the abnormal exit at the /sbin/modprobe portion of the live cd boot.
    After reading this thread I assume its my orinoco/prism2.5 based card. Any ideas on how I can get this up and running.

Any suggestions in the form of passing kernel params at the boot promt?

Just burned his ISO

Repro on Latitude D830 with Hermes I.

Just burned his ISO

Hi!

I've got a solution for the Prism Inject problems.

The core off the problem is that the hostap included with BT3 isn't patched with the Inject patch from aircrack-ng.org

The solution is to download the BT3 Kernel files, extract them using lzm2dir kernel.lzm /

and then patch the hostap driver with the hostap-kernel-2.6.18.patch, like this: patch -Np1 -i hostap-kernel-2.6.18.patch, and then make modules && make modules_install.

I dont know if there are other ways to do it.

Regards
    Dark0n3

Or you could just use the pre patched hostap files from:
    *ttp://yousuck.dk/hostap.tar.gz

Just extract them into /lib/modules/2.6.21.5/kernel/drivers/net/wireless and replace the existing hostap folder.

Regards
    Dark0n3

Just burned his ISO

Dark, not being a Linux expert (although I get by ok) can you confirm this solves the boot and card insert problem ? I just re-installed BT2 and spent a few hours putting all my other bits onto it also. As you know time is precious and would like to be running BT3 but as there are still issues with the 2.5 chipset.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast