Thread: n00b question about booting screen

Just burned his ISO

Default n00b question about booting screen

Hey i know this is dumb and i will probably catch alot of crap for this but hopefully some out there will be kind and help me
    and i tried to search but i dont know exactly what i am looking for is called

ok so when i initially ran the live CD in BT3 on my sony viao vgn-c240e it did all the boot stuff in this really cool greenish blue box, and looked really cool
    but after i did the real install it just boots in plain text and looks alot shittyer

my question is how do i get it to show the booting stuff like it did off the live cd now?
    i dont no exactly what you guys need as far as info to help me but please let me know

also just out of curiousity, i am using cubez, and when the comp first loads everything is all screwed up for a few seconds, is this normal, and is there a way to fix it if it is not.

thanks guys

What you are looking for can be found in the wiki here.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Just burned his ISO

well i really do appreciate that point in the right direction, unfortunatly i cannot try to get it to work because now i cannot get the splash files from a cd or dvd because i cant get into my cd or dvd

i initially had the issue where konquerer wouldnt let me into my hds, and i thought i fixed it, and while i can get into my main hd (sda1) i cannot get into my cd drive (icon is there but gives me "feature only available with hal" and when i plug in my usb key it wont autostart.....

any suggestions?

Just burned his ISO

ah, i was wondering the same. thanks

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmiller0526 View Post
    well i really do appreciate that point in the right direction, unfortunatly i cannot try to get it to work because now i cannot get the splash files from a cd or dvd because i cant get into my cd or dvd

i initially had the issue where konquerer wouldnt let me into my hds, and i thought i fixed it, and while i can get into my main hd (sda1) i cannot get into my cd drive (icon is there but gives me "feature only available with hal" and when i plug in my usb key it wont autostart.....

any suggestions?
    sda1 doesn't sound like a hard drive to me it sounds more like a usb flash drive.

Have you tried mounting your cd-rom? You might also have to mount your hard drives manually also.

Just burned his ISO

on mine my HD appears to be sda1
    and i tried to mount my cd rom drive but to no avail
    any ideas on getting the usb to autostart?

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Automounting your usb drive goes somewhat like this:

First create a directory under /mnt
    I'll refer to a directory called /mnt/usb

Just type mkdir /mnt/usb
    now you can cd /mnt and type dir to ensure it made it properly

next you want to edit the fstab file it can be done like this:

nano /etc/fstab

start a new line and type in this according to your specifications:

Code:
    /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb vfat noauto,users,rw,umask= 0 0 0
    ctrl+o
    ctrl+x

This will automount the usb everytime you start bt or plug it in.

I copied that line from my file sda1 is my usb mount position hdc1 is where my hard drive is located.

As for your cd rom you may want to check out this:

http://www.slackbook.org/html/filesy...-mounting.html

You dont need to use the bootscreen that the cd uses. Try googling "custom lilo bootscreen"
    LILO is the linux loader thats standard with slackware. BT originates from slackware, which is the original linux distribution.