Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Macbook Pro

Just burned his ISO

Default Macbook Pro

The Macbook Pro seems ok, YAY we finally get wireless drivers!!

Just burned his ISO

Default Same Here

I have a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ 15" works as advertised "cracked" my WPA network in about 2 minutes. I am about ready to let BackTrack take over my Windows partition. Has anyone attempted a HDD Install with Backtrack 2 or 3 in 10.5 with Boot Camp yet?

Just burned his ISO

wifiphoto:

Does your macbook have the Atheros 5008 802.11n internal wifi card?

if so, are you using that successfully in injection mode?

thanks a lot!

ps. thanks a lot backtrack team

Just burned his ISO

I am kind of a noob here and I apologize if I cannot answer the question. I got into BackTrack hoping to do some internal pentesting on our wireless networks that I manage at home and work. They are both WPA encrypted and that is all I tested. If I add my password t the dictionary list I have the test was a success (or failure from my IT standpoint) in about 2 minutes. I do not have a WEP network to test but I do plan to switch one of them to WEP long enough for me to try it out.

Just burned his ISO

That's okay,

apple makes it difficult to check your wifi card chipset for some reason. The only reason I am able to tell so easily is because I am dual booting into win-xp, and when I use this, it's very easy to find out!

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

I have a MBP 2.33 with the ATI X1600 and my BT3 refuses to open the GUI. Running xconf doesn't help.

Anyone here running BT3 on an ATI MBP?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by arubinst View Post
    Hi,

I have a MBP 2.33 with the ATI X1600 and my BT3 refuses to open the GUI. Running xconf doesn't help.

Anyone here running BT3 on an ATI MBP?
    i got the same problem!

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Macbook Compatibility

Good job on the nice release.

My macbook doesn't have the keystroke double-registration problems when using the backtrack 3 beta that it had with the backtrack 2 CD.

It boots perfectly into the GUI, and the internal AR5006X wireless card is detected and functional for accessing networks. Unfortunately, none of the fun utilities work. I guess the default atheros drive that is included does not allow injection and so on.

About my mac:
    Macbook. Intel CPU, T2500 dual-core @ 2.00 GHz, 1.96GB of ram.

A pity that the macbook atheros card can't be natively used. Unfortunately, there is no PCMCIA adapter in this system (or PCI slots, for the obvious reason). It's a pity that the functional USB adapters are not easy to find/purchase. Perhaps there is (or should be) a thread dedicated to finding stores stocking known good adapters.

-Few

Quote Originally Posted by few111 View Post

A pity that the macbook atheros card can't be natively used. Unfortunately, there is no PCMCIA adapter in this system (or PCI slots, for the obvious reason). It's a pity that the functional USB adapters are not easy to find/purchase. Perhaps there is (or should be) a thread dedicated to finding stores stocking known good adapters.

-Few
    Try the alfa from data-alliance (cfr other posts in the forum) ; it's usb and works on all platforms + has great power.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by krusau View Post
    That's okay,

apple makes it difficult to check your wifi card chipset for some reason. The only reason I am able to tell so easily is because I am dual booting into win-xp, and when I use this, it's very easy to find out!
    I can say now without a doubt that injection work just fine. I followed the Exploitz video and cracked the wep key in a matter of seconds...

MacBook Pro 2.4GHZ Santa Rosa 15"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast