Thread: real install - issues

Just burned his ISO

Question real install - issues

hi guys, i just tried the real install and i am running into some issues here,

i tried it on my acert travelmate 4220 , intel T2300, 1.6 ghz, 120 gb drive, 1 gb ram.

everything works perfect if i do the livecd , i got mouse working, everything, if i do the install, on the hdd, i used the wiki for this, the mouse/touchpad are not working anymore, and i get several errors during boot.

did anyone have this experience?

it would be very cool if the real install would be tweaked a bit more, as i assume it is a problem with the installation itself, not my hardware, as i had everything running smooth with the live cd.

Just burned his ISO

haha, i decided that it's not good to setup bt3 when you're drunk, so, i gave it another shot today.

so : for real install,

wiped out all the partitions
    created 50 m boot
    1024 m swap
    rest space for os
    created the partitions as in the pdf guide
    loaded backtrack, REAL INSTALL.
    logged off the graphical interface
    copied the /boot files to /tmp/boot and /tmp/my_bt_folder/boot
    started the graphical interface again.
    reloaded backtrack.
    reboot, and here i go. like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by katmai View Post
    hi guys, i just tried the real install and i am running into some issues here,

i tried it on my acert travelmate 4220 , intel T2300, 1.6 ghz, 120 gb drive, 1 gb ram.

everything works perfect if i do the livecd , i got mouse working, everything, if i do the install, on the hdd, i used the wiki for this, the mouse/touchpad are not working anymore, and i get several errors during boot.

did anyone have this experience?

it would be very cool if the real install would be tweaked a bit more, as i assume it is a problem with the installation itself, not my hardware, as i had everything running smooth with the live cd.
    I have the same problem like you did you fix the problem and can some one help i use the pdf for bt2 to install the bt3 and had this problem.HELP

Done i install the bt3 on the hd and it working good

Just burned his ISO

yes. did you just read my last post? i said there how i did it lol.