Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Inspiron 1501

Hybrid View

Default Dell Inspiron 1501

USB.
    on Boot, right after the boot screen selection, shows "loading kernel" and sleeps. Just black screen, nothing. When in text mode, is getting to the NET prompt (5 sec after boot selection) and sleeps.

Just burned his ISO

I can also confirm this

Just burned his ISO

I get the same problem

I also have the 1501.

I am using the USB/DVD version and have created an iso and burned to DVD via the make_iso.bat batch file.

In my case, as soon as I select which boot option I would like (I have tried both compiz (not the nvidia graphics option) and normal BT3 graphics... I get the black screen (no text at all after initial silver boot screen) with no further DVD-Drive activity.

I am going to try the <700MB .ISO version later on tonight and will report back how that goes.

note: the make_iso.bat completed sucessfully so I don't think its down to a dodgy ISO.

Just burned his ISO

I have DELL Inspiron 1501. And on grafics modes in the menu the screen goes blank. Only in the text mode the boot proces freez on "acpi_pm clocksource has been installed."

Just burned his ISO

====Temporary Fix====
    Seems to be an ACPI problem as hinted by the line it hangs at, here's a quick fix

At the bootmenu, highlight one of the text options (seems to hang on a black screen if you select KDE) and then press TAB and append
    " acpi=off" to the line and press enter which will lead to to a text login. Use the usual root:toor and then type "startx" and you're into KDE

Quote Originally Posted by darkip View Post
    ====Temporary Fix====
    Seems to be an ACPI problem as hinted by the line it hangs at, here's a quick fix

At the bootmenu, highlight one of the text options (seems to hang on a black screen if you select KDE) and then press TAB and append
    " acpi=off" to the line and press enter which will lead to to a text login. Use the usual root:toor and then type "startx" and you're into KDE
    thanks for the tip... I hadn't got round to trouble shooting yet but the acpi appendments(sp) lol was definatly on the fore' of my mind.

P.S the same problem happens with with CD iso version (not that surprising I guess but thought it was worth a try)

Just burned his ISO

if you try the text mode, you can see that it stucks at:

Time: acpi_pm clocksource has been installed.

and then silence....

Just burned his ISO

i have a 1501 installed bt3 to hdd (real install) from livecd... injection is working n fast

Just burned his ISO

Similar, but not identical problem here, on a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7437.

Both USB and CD versions hang during kernel loading. When attempting to start in text mode, I see the freeze happentin just after the system reports:

"ACPI: using IOAPIC for interrupt routing"

Then the USB drive goes dead, or the CD stops spinning. Is there a way out of this problem?
    True security is based on open and rigorous probing of our strengths and weaknesses. Yeah, and life is too short for hyperbole, metaphor, and BS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast