Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zydas 1211 Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by virusss View Post
    as far as I know zd1211b is the new one...but you never know what they are doing
    Yes, and zd1211b isn't the same as ZD1211-BC, which is supposedly the old ZD1211 in a smaller chip or something.

This is all mysterious; the claims and counterclaims and downright arguments I've read about whether these absolutely can or absolutely can't do injection, etc., etc. It's all very chaotic.

Just burned his ISO

hey guys

i have the Zydas chipset 1211b on Hawking HWU8DD which appears to work well with WifiWay, both with montior and injection...

With BT3 after copying the drivers to /lib/firmware monitor mode works well, however injection gives problems...

I'm looking to patch these drivers (I have the patches) however where are the kernel header and source located for BT3 [ aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=zd1211rw ]

Does anyone have the patched drivers that they are willing to share with me ??

Cheers
    A

Just burned his ISO

still no success...

i now bought a edimax usb-stick with external antenna, works perfectly with the rt73 module.

as far as i know, zd1211b =/= zd1211-bc

also i just bought me a Minitar MWHUG with ZD1211B-BF(never heard about it either), is this chipset fully supported?

Just burned his ISO

Heres what I did to quickly get the zd1211rw patched.

get the bt3 kernel headers module and extract it

offensive-security.com/modules/kernel.lzm

run 'airdriver-ng loaded' to get the number of the zd1211rw driver
    eg. <number>. ZyDAS 1211rw - IEEEE90211 Softmac

airdriver-ng unload <number>
    airdriver-ng remove <number>
    airdriver-ng install <number>

buy this man a beer.

Just burned his ISO

One question. How to extract it and where? Doesn't that file come with the usb version? I see it in the modules -> base directory.

Is the "Hawking HWU8DD" worth buying?
    i mean i need a better connection to my AP, but can it be used for injecting etc?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by unix_r00ter View Post
    Is the "Hawking HWU8DD" worth buying?
    i mean i need a better connection to my AP, but can it be used for injecting etc?
    I have tried it (with the "Hawking HWU8DD" on my own AP ) but authentification fails. So i think that injection doesn't work or at least doesn't work correctly. ( injecting did succeed with an other usb adapter on the same AP)

Just burned his ISO

the same to me,

yesterday i tested it and had the same effort. I could copy the firmware to the /lib/firmware and after plugging in the stick was recorgnized.
    i could start airodump-ng eth1 to see the aps. for example a wpa handshake was recorgnized correctly.

but when i tried to make a chopchop attack (aireplay-ng -4) after some packets (less than 1000) it recorgnized a packed and asked me to use this. i said yes and the stick sent many packets but did not recorgnized any answer from the ap.

at the same time i used another laptop with ipw2200 to monitor all and this laptop recorgnized some packets from my zydas 1211b. the ap seemed to send the answer but the zy1211 did not recorgnized any answer and after round about 10000 packets the programm aborted with an error that there is a problem and some troubleshooting tips.

once the zydas fetched some answer from the ap, but it take more than 1000 -2000 sent packets and more than 5 seconds till it recorgnized one packet from the ap. the percentage of this attack growed extremly slow.

with the ipw2200 there are aprox 200 packets and less than 2 seconds until it rec. the answer and the whole chopchop attack will be done less than 2 minutes.

is there any way to use the zydas 1211b correctly with bt3 or have i to wait until the final is released?

the patch (loaded from the aircrack site) i cannot install under bt3 beta.

thanks

dirk

Just burned his ISO

sorry for a re-post, but when i log in, i can not see my own post to edit!!!

EDIT:
    i remembered that the only effort was with wifiway (sorry)
    with bt3 i had NO effort to get the from the ap re-sent packets recorgnized. but with wifiway it was extreme slowly and it was only one time functional, i do not know why.

why i am so sure, that the ap sends the answer is, that the 2nd laptop, running the chopchop attack with the ipw2200, immediately recorgnizes the initial data packet to use for the chopchop attack while the chopcop attack runs on the zd1211. when i say to not use this packet it immidiately recorgnizes the same data packet again.

why can't i see my own post when i am logged on?

is there anyway a possibility to get the chopchop attack or any other attack working with the zd1211b when there are no wireless clients are connected (i.e. in backtrack 2) because i read that it does not have the capability of the fake auth? i think it must be possible because under wifiway i just had the one, small effort.

thanks in advance for the great community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123