Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Creating BT3 DVD

Just burned his ISO

i am running vista and I had the same problem. I had the same problem after I changed
    Slax\tools\WIN\mkisofs.exe

to

BT3\tools\WIN\mkisofs.exe

I kept getting a an error saying it "cant find specified path".

So what I did was run CMD as Administrator, and changed

\BT3\tools\WIN\mkisofs.exe

to

C:\bt3\bt3b141207\BT3\tools\WIN\mkisofs.exe

VOILA!

it works now

Just burned his ISO

Thanks DeCode, this worked perfectly!

Here's the full working script for reference:

Code:
    @ECHO OFF

REM  ----------------------------------------------------
    REM  Batch file to create bootable ISO in Windows
    REM  usage: make_iso.bat c:\new-slax.iso
    REM  author: Tomas M. <linux-live.org>
    REM  ----------------------------------------------------

if "%1"=="" goto error1
    cd ..
    set CDLABEL=SLAX

BT3\tools\WIN\mkisofs.exe @BT3\tools\WIN\config -o "%1" -A "%CDLABEL%" -V "%CDLABEL%" .
    goto theend

:error1
    echo A parameter is required - target ISO file.
    echo Example: %0 c:\target.iso
    goto theend

:error2
    echo Can't recreate isolinux.bin, make sure your current directory is writable!
    goto theend

:theend
    echo.
    echo New ISO should be created now.
    pause

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by starlit View Post
    Hi level,

Thanks for the tip.

Just need to replay the slax to BT3
    Nowadays, DVDs are common. So I will probably play with the DVD version.

Edit the make_iso.bat under the BT3 folder. I have included a sample below.
    ############################

BT3\tools\WIN\mkisofs.exe @BT3\tools\WIN\config -o "%1" -A "%CDLABEL%" -V "%CDLABEL%" .

################################

Run the batch file with the destination ISO file name and that should do it.

Have fun! I am going to try burn it to my mini DVD now
    Works like a charm!

*Note* You must run command prompt, go to the directory (by using the cd command) where make_iso.bat is and run the following command:
    make_iso.bat BT3.iso

This will run the batch file and output the iso as BT3.iso.

I've just tried this and as far as the tools go there doesn't seem to be any difference. There is just a few 'experimental' UI's.

anyone know what an "ML Disk" is? Nero has no idea wtf the BT3.iso is at all. I was using the CDROM version - is there really a big difference between the two? And is there a way I can make the BT3.iso something compatible with Nero? - thanks - trev.

Quote Originally Posted by trevelyn View Post
    anyone know what an "ML Disk" is? Nero has no idea wtf the BT3.iso is at all. I was using the CDROM version - is there really a big difference between the two? And is there a way I can make the BT3.iso something compatible with Nero? - thanks - trev.
    Well, the BackTrack 3 ISO should be compatible with Nero anyway, as long as you've verified that the MD5 or SHA1 sums are the same, and if you have, your Nero is probably playing up on you. Easiest way to burn an ISO, just download this portable application: Active@ISO Burner and that should do the trick.

-Stephen

QuietStorm

Changing slax to bt3 solves the problem. Then following directions from the most of the posts above OR BTWiki, helps you to create iso. After that, "cook" DVD with DVD Decrypter on a slow speed (2x), and install it by using Muts tutorial from BTWiki.

Thanks

i did create the dvd iso and burned it with nero.every thing went ok.but i cant boot from that dvd.all i see is a white underscore on a black screen just after "boot from cd/dvd". when i open the dvd in windows there are only 2 folders (boot,bt3) and a file (instal.txt).isn't it suppose to be a bootable dvd??or i did sonthing wrong?

How did you create the iso?

Seems like something went wrong burning the iso.

Did you try it out in VMWare to see if the iso is booting/working correctly.

Exclamation This is a limited time offer!!

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS!!!!

TO EVERYONE HAVING ISSUES MAKING THIS A BOOTABLE DVD ISO.....

I took the liberty of batching and creating you all a working bootable DVD ISO of BT3 Beta on my private FTP server for all the members here to download.

This is ONLY for a limited time for everyone here to download and get themselves a working bootable DVD ISO copy of BT3 Beta

I repeat........

This is ONLY for a limited time!!

So be quick!!!

Go here for more details>>>>>

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=11091

[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast