Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creating BT3 DVD

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Creating BT3 DVD

Hi!

Has anyone tried to create a DVD from the USB/DVD copy?
    I am wondering how this can be made.

Thanks!

[Been waiting for this for months .... finally see some light now Thanks!!]

Use the script make_iso.sh located in the BT3 directory to make an ISO. See "Adding modules to BackTrack in Linux" in the BackTrack Wiki for an example (bottom of that page).

Just burned his ISO

Hi level,

Thanks for the tip.

Just need to replay the slax to BT3
    Nowadays, DVDs are common. So I will probably play with the DVD version.

Edit the make_iso.bat under the BT3 folder. I have included a sample below.
    ############################

BT3\tools\WIN\mkisofs.exe @BT3\tools\WIN\config -o "%1" -A "%CDLABEL%" -V "%CDLABEL%" .

################################

Run the batch file with the destination ISO file name and that should do it.

Have fun! I am going to try burn it to my mini DVD now

zarraza

i read that guide but i still dont get it tho. its shown how to do it if u already in bt. Im in windows. How do i load all those files? do i run that in dos or what? im so lost right now. I never had problems booting from iso using vmware. But this is different... its just bunch of files. I dont get it how can i create a bootable .iso. Anyone? i kno i sound mad lame but i tried even makin bootable iso with nero. Seemed fine.. but when i loaded that iso in vmware got error... cannot boot cd code 5 or something like that. Its so frustrating :|

edit: finally got it ... was using make_iso.bat and pressing enter in cmd instead of make_iso.bat c:\bt.iso ...

(He was doing that under windows - .BAT are Windows Batch files, the equivalent of a Linux .BIN file)

Just burned his ISO

I changed the line in the make_iso.bat but I get another problem:

C:\bt3b141207\BT3>make_iso.bat c:\bt3.iso
    mkisofs 2.01 (i686-pc-cygwin)
    BT3/tools/WIN/mkisofs: Missing pathspec.
    Usage: mkisofs [options] file...

Use mkisofs -help
    to get a list of valid options.

New ISO should be created now.
    Press any key to continue . . .

Any ideas?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by starlit View Post
    Hi level,

Thanks for the tip.

Just need to replay the slax to BT3
    Nowadays, DVDs are common. So I will probably play with the DVD version.

Edit the make_iso.bat under the BT3 folder. I have included a sample below.
    ############################

BT3\tools\WIN\mkisofs.exe @BT3\tools\WIN\config -o "%1" -A "%CDLABEL%" -V "%CDLABEL%" .

################################

Run the batch file with the destination ISO file name and that should do it.

Have fun! I am going to try burn it to my mini DVD now
    Works like a charm!

*Note* You must run command prompt, go to the directory (by using the cd command) where make_iso.bat is and run the following command:
    make_iso.bat BT3.iso

This will run the batch file and output the iso as BT3.iso.

I've just tried this and as far as the tools go there doesn't seem to be any difference. There is just a few 'experimental' UI's.

anyone know what an "ML Disk" is? Nero has no idea wtf the BT3.iso is at all. I was using the CDROM version - is there really a big difference between the two? And is there a way I can make the BT3.iso something compatible with Nero? - thanks - trev.

Quote Originally Posted by trevelyn View Post
    anyone know what an "ML Disk" is? Nero has no idea wtf the BT3.iso is at all. I was using the CDROM version - is there really a big difference between the two? And is there a way I can make the BT3.iso something compatible with Nero? - thanks - trev.
    Well, the BackTrack 3 ISO should be compatible with Nero anyway, as long as you've verified that the MD5 or SHA1 sums are the same, and if you have, your Nero is probably playing up on you. Easiest way to burn an ISO, just download this portable application: Active@ISO Burner and that should do the trick.

-Stephen

Just burned his ISO

Its really a good idea. Now I can edit my preference and make the iso when I want to. And its convenient to boot from a USB pendrive.

Wonderful!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast