Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BT3 on EEEPC

Default Same conditions apply

Yup. I was walking my dog, McGrupp and fell through a magical door and ended up here.

In any case, thanks for the great information and a really good video tutorial pureh@t3. I totally feel you on why we had do it this way.

Thanks again.

Developer

Just in case any one is wondering WTF we are talking about......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamehendge

I actually have a cat named poster nutbag

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

As another note and further testing indicates.

All of the tools created by ShamenVirtuel work with out any problems so far.
    Which means that not only can you "pwn like a rockstar in7" w/ a cube"
    But you can use a big hax0r it n0w button too!
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

Correct I use charon, the wpa line tool and ezpawn and they all work fine.

Just burned his ISO imported_BeNeDeLuX's Avatar

Hello together,

i got BT3 perfect running on a SDHC Card with these Posts here.
    Thanks for all - very good work!

However, the most changes will be saved on the second partition in the changes folder. But not a language change. When i change the Keyboardlayout to German, it is only for this session. After a reboot the default is English instead of German. Why ? Any fix about it?

Second, i start BT3 in the GRUB Menü with the prestistens changes.
    Is there a Option to get the presistens changes running with Compiz Fusion ?
    Would be nice to use BT3 with Compiz and be able to save the changes.

Thanks for all.
    Greez BeNe

Just burned his ISO

Hey all!

I'm having some issues with compiz on my eee, everytime I start up my screen is kinda messed up for some seconds before compiz acutally starts and everything is back to normal again. The same problem occurs when I switch to Kwin as the window manager. Does anybody have similar problems?

Another thing I experience under Compiz is, that if I try to drag some things like icons in the Launch Panel (oddly, files or folders can be dragged) my eeepc locks up completely, even ctrl alt backspace won't restart X. But pressing the power button turns it off, with clean unmounting and everything.

Moreover, for the few of you who are as new to Linux as I am, h**p://slackeee.strangled.net/ has a nice optimized Kernel for the eeepc, which boots a bit faster, at least on my system. But beware: I had to reinstall alsa for sound and still have some issues with Klaptop, acpi is not directly compiled into the kernel but is loadable through modules what I think Klaptop might dislike.

PS: Wheeee! Hello World!

-furudo

Just burned his ISO

Today UPS should drop off my EEE, and then we'll get to see if I wind up in the "User" pile, or the lamer list.

The suspense is killing me. :/

Just burned his ISO

Default sdhc partition keeps getting scraped

Hi,

I've just installed bt3 in real mode on the ssd disk more or less following the i-hacked tutorial. I'm a bt3 noob as I usually install everything individually but decided to use it on my brand new eeepc !
    Given the ssd's theoretical degraded lifetime, i considered mounting the /pentest directory from the sdhc card instead of internal disk and modifying fstab accordingly:
    /dev/sda1 /pentest ext2 auto,defaults 0 0

Each time I reboot my sda1 partition gets scrapped... the filesystem just is not recognized anymore. fdisk shows the partition as unformated... However, a secondary sda2 partition which I have not listed in fstab is working properly, so the problem does not come from the sd card.

Is this linked to issues I saw about the slax rc.M script rebuilding fstab? (my supplementary line is still intact after rebooting)

What directories would you mount from sdhc instead of ssd to reduce write operations? I went with /pentest because of fast-track.py...

Just burned his ISO

McBud: I've done the same thing as you, I've mounted my root home directory to my 4G usb stick. That seems to have a lot of rewrites done due to KDE or other program setting saving there. Only draw back i've noticed is a tiny lag in KDE, not too bad. If you wanted you could also mount your /var/log directory to your SD card, which I think I may do next.
    Here is what I have in my fstab:

Code:
    /dev/sad1 /root ext3 defaults 1 1  # Root partition

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by furudo View Post
    Hey all!

I'm having some issues with compiz on my eee, everytime I start up my screen is kinda messed up for some seconds before compiz acutally starts and everything is back to normal again. The same problem occurs when I switch to Kwin as the window manager. Does anybody have similar problems?

-furudo
    I get the same thing when i boot using Compiz. If you try booting without it, the sceen looks normal. So it's a Compiz problem.

I havent found a way to fix it.. But it only lasts for 2-3 seconds, so I dont really mind that much..

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast