Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 151

Thread: BT3 on EEEPC

  1. #51
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by temugen View Post
    OK, I read through the tut from the BT2 guides section and I will see if it works. It's unfortunate that Wireless Assistant doesn't work out of the box for WPA even though it has such options and according to the changelog is supposed to.
    You have only got to start poking around here and the web to see just how many people have problems with it, 99/100 are fixed by ditching it and doing it from cmd line.

  2. #52
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    You have only got to start poking around here and the web to see just how many people have problems with it, 99/100 are fixed by ditching it and doing it from cmd line.
    Alright, thank you very much. I wasn't aware that it was a universal issue. I apologize for my ignorance

  3. #53
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by temugen View Post
    Alright, thank you very much. I wasn't aware that it was a universal issue. I apologize for my ignorance
    No need to apologize, I was just clarifying it so as you and anyone else realises it was not just you or bt.

  4. #54
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hello everyone

    Sorry if i posted this in wrong thread. Kinda newbie i am :P.

    I downloaded bt3 extended, got in on my usb stick and it worked flawlessly on my eee. I decided to install it on sd card. When it finally arrived (sd card) ofc something had to go wrong and now bt wont boot up. It goes like that:
    * setting up directory for changes
    * changes not writable, using memory only
    * setup union directory (using aufs, with udba=none)
    * insterting all modules and creating live filesystem
    * -> /base/bin.lzm
    * -> /base/etc.lzm
    * -> /base/home.lzm
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    * copying content of rootcopy directory
    * copying liblinuxlive library to union
    cp: cannot remove 'union/usr/lib/': No such file or directory
    * creating /etc/fstab
    * changing root directory...
    Fatal error occured - Can't find executable init command
    * Something went wrong and we can't continue. This should never happen.
    * Please reboot your computer with Ctrl+Alt+Delete ...

    Funny thing is same usb stick would boot up on my two other laptops. Any suggestions on that? it's pretty annoing. THx

  5. #55
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Start over you have obviously done something wrong. I have bt booting of a sandisk usb and 3 different kinds of sd cards. The only possible problem is for some reason your sd card may not work. I have tested on these models.

    san disk 2 gig
    PNY 4 gig
    A data Turbo 16 gig <<< just a note this is the recommended sdhc card by Asus

  6. #56
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Ok, not to sound like a complete noob even though I am. Where is the rc.0 and rc.6 that needs to be edited? Also is there anyway to fix the wpa supplicant so I dont have to clear my dhcpd every time I want to change networks?

    Ive been having nothing but trouble trying to install a real version of BT3 on my eee pc. I hope that when this leaves beat they will significantly improve the installer, but for now Im just using the USB Live version on an SD card.

  7. #57
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tns555 View Post
    Hello everyone

    Sorry if i posted this in wrong thread. Kinda newbie i am :P.

    I downloaded bt3 extended, got in on my usb stick and it worked flawlessly on my eee. I decided to install it on sd card. When it finally arrived (sd card) ofc something had to go wrong and now bt wont boot up. It goes like that:
    * setting up directory for changes
    * changes not writable, using memory only
    * setup union directory (using aufs, with udba=none)
    * insterting all modules and creating live filesystem
    * -> /base/bin.lzm
    * -> /base/etc.lzm
    * -> /base/home.lzm
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    Cannot read module data. corrupted file?
    * copying content of rootcopy directory
    * copying liblinuxlive library to union
    cp: cannot remove 'union/usr/lib/': No such file or directory
    * creating /etc/fstab
    * changing root directory...
    Fatal error occured - Can't find executable init command
    * Something went wrong and we can't continue. This should never happen.
    * Please reboot your computer with Ctrl+Alt+Delete ...

    Funny thing is same usb stick would boot up on my two other laptops. Any suggestions on that? it's pretty annoing. THx
    --

    I had this xact problem, nothing but take the eee back to factory setting and re-install from the recovery disk work - that did though.

  8. #58
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    the rc.0 - rc.6 files are in the /etc/rc.d/ directory. I only edited the rc.6 file.

  9. #59
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s0v3r1gn View Post
    Ok, not to sound like a complete noob even though I am. Where is the rc.0 and rc.6 that needs to be edited? Also is there anyway to fix the wpa supplicant so I dont have to clear my dhcpd every time I want to change networks?

    Ive been having nothing but trouble trying to install a real version of BT3 on my eee pc. I hope that when this leaves beat they will significantly improve the installer, but for now Im just using the USB Live version on an SD card.
    You say you're having trouble installing the real version on the eee PC? Does that mean you're wanting to install it on the SSHD? If so, just remove the first two linux partitions on the hdd (it should come out to about 3.9 GB). Create one partition in their place, ext2. Leave the other two incredibly small partitions, I'm not sure what they're for. Then run the installer and install the full version to the partition you created. Make sure to uncheck the box that says "restore lilo" or whatever it is. Then restart and add noatime to your lilo.conf.

    Can anyone comment if it is faster to run from the SSHD than say a flash card or USB stick? I automatically assumed this, hence why I installed BT3 on the SSHD. But, if it's just as fast to run a full version from a flash card (uncompressed), I'd rather do that. As long as saving of files and configs and such works flawlessly.

  10. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I ran it off 8gb OCz sd and it worked pretty fast dont notice any speed difference on internal install.... however I suggest you look at eeeuser(dot)coms SD card speed chart I think its in the wiki even compares sshd...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •