Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 151

Thread: BT3 on EEEPC

  1. #41
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    the eeepc has xandros on it not ubuntu

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Yes sir, but I took xandros off and installed an eee specific version of xubuntu on it.

  3. #43
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Oh Ok I see. Sorry for the miscommunication. when I first got the eepc and had the problem I did this...
    You could disable the sound card by adding
    a line like

    blacklist snd_hda_intel

    to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

    because I could care less about the sound and it worked fine. then when all this stuff came up and I realized every one was having the issue I did the same thing as g1ic7h....
    Had the same trouble, add this to rc.6

    modprobe -r snd_hda_intel
    just before the line:
    Quote:
    echo "Unmounting local file systems."

    and it has been working fine ever since. I never di anyof that file paching stuff like some of these other folks so that may be your problem. I would start with a fresh copy of bt and make the one line rc.6 mod.

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    OK, no need to apologize at all.

    Thanks bro!!! Giving it a go now.

    Be back with results.

    wooohooo, it worked. Thank you so much.

    EDIT - I should clarify to anyone else with an eee. Taking out the other patched lines and just adding this one works. With all the other patched lines it did not work.

  5. #45
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I just installed Real BT3 on the SSHD after removing the two linux partitions that totaled 3980MB. I didn't create a swap partition or anything like that, but I did add the noatime to fstab. There shouldn't be any problems with that, right?

    Anyway, I got kismet to work and the wifi drivers seem to be doing great. However, when I try to connect to my wireless network with Wireless Assistant I get Connection Failed every time. It doesn't matter if I choose a correct static IP or dhcp.

    My setup is a little funky... I have a windows server going to a wireless access point, and the windows server is my dhcp server. I have 3 other computers in the house (Vista and XP) that connect fine to the wireless access point with dhcp. The wap has WPA encryption enabled.

    When running wlassistant from a konsole window, it fails right around
    ifconfig_dhcp: /sbin/dhcpd -nd ath0
    No DHCP client running.
    CONNECTION FAILED.

    Is this a WPA issue or a compatibility issue or what?
    Any recommendations?

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    lol, what a fun cycle of joy. Ok, I grew a pair and made changes on my own!!!!!!

    I changed vga=0x317 to a lower resolution vga=0x311 in the syslinux.cfg file because the eee's low resolution. This actually got around the "undefined mode number error" at startup, but now my saved changes are not showing..weeee, fixed one problem and started another perhaps?

    FIXED...Ok, turns out somehow my usb hdd changed from sdb1-3 to sda1-3, so I edited the syslinux.cfg changes command to sda and all is well. No more undefined error and save changes are back..weird.

    Any idea why or how the hdd changed like that? Sorry if I'm ranting but hopefully someone will read this and learn from my mistakes...maybe?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Look at udev - you can predefine your ext drives so they always get addressed in the same order at boot time - don't know if that'll help you in the right direction?

  8. #48
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by temugen View Post
    Is this a WPA issue or a compatibility issue or what?
    Any recommendations?
    No, it is a user setup error.

    Try reading the tutorial by Xploitz appropriate to your WPA encryption type in the tutorials and guides section.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Look at udev - you can predefine your ext drives so they always get addressed in the same order at boot time - don't know if that'll help you in the right direction?
    Ah, Cool man. I figured there was some little fix for it. Not really a huge deal, but it did freak me out a bit

  10. #50
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    No, it is a user setup error.

    Try reading the tutorial by Xploitz appropriate to your WPA encryption type in the tutorials and guides section.
    OK, I read through the tut from the BT2 guides section and I will see if it works. It's unfortunate that Wireless Assistant doesn't work out of the box for WPA even though it has such options and according to the changelog is supposed to.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •