Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BT3 on EEEPC

I think pound for pound though muts, I still got you beat with the Sony UX280P... although soon enough I'll be able to get my hands on some Chinese OEM smartphone sized hardware that will set a new benchmark for the smallest platform running BT3
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Default eeepc...

I'm using the Bt3b on my new eeepc but I can't make kismet work... can anyone show me the kismet.conf used or any idea I missed for doing it????
    thanks...

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by enrev View Post
    I'm using the Bt3b on my new eeepc but I can't make kismet work... can anyone show me the kismet.conf used or any idea I missed for doing it????
    thanks...
    Could you be anymore vauge? If I took my car to the mechanic and said "I dunno it just don't work" they would say "Well we can check everything for a extra $1000 dollars or maybe you could tell us whats wrong ,Dumb a**"

Just burned his ISO

sorry, I think the trouble has been solved.

It was that I didn't configure the kismet.conf properly.

Just used kismet -c madwifi_g,wifi0,wifi0 and it seems to work but the signal level is quite short isn't it?

Thanks and... search for other mechanich less expensive

Just burned his ISO

Default EEE PC SSHD Install

I'll crosspost this to the BT3 thread at EEEUser...

Just got the "real" install of BT3 working on the EEEPC's SSHD.

Initially i tried the USB version - took 3.4 of 3.6 GB available, and would not boot correctly (kept looking for the BT3 module directory). I thought I could probably solve that with a new initrd, but for some reason BT3 is missing the mkinitrd script.

Compiz worked well, except for some minor sync issues on startup, but I decided to revert to the CD version because of the space issue on my 4G EEE PC.

I installed the CD version to a SD chip, which went very well, although you need to run "bootinst.sh" from the /boot directory at the end to get SYSLINUX working with all the cool options. The CD version used ~740 meg of the 1G SD chip and ran and loaded fine.

Next I booted the EEE PC from the SD chip, and installed using the BT3 installer to the SSHD. I deleted the two stock linux partitions and made one larger one - it turned out to be 3.6G. There are two other Windows partitions on the HD, but I got the impression they are associated with the bios, so I didn't mess with them.

The automatic install from the CD-version on the SD chip went smoothly. It installed LILO with no initrd, and I had to add "noatime" to /etc/fstab - now we'll see how long the SSHD lasts. It used 2.8G of the of the 3.6G available - much better than the USB version.

Everything works - kismet didn't come up from the menus, but that's because the kismet.conf is not configured for the atheros device. I'm going to work on that shortly.

No problems with the atheros card - in fact it works better than it did under Xandros - and everything else seems to work properly as well. The "Konqueror issue" has to do (from what I saw) with how the SSHD works, not with Konqueror, and Amarok seems to work as well.

Although ACPI works, it seems to report the wrong times for battery life under KDE. I'm going to work on that as well.

Overall - I'm thrilled. This is what I really wanted the EEE PC to do. Next I'm going to put in an 8G SD chip and maybe install the USB version on that for comparison.

Default My Setup

My initial setup:

Wiped Xandros, installed XP (fat32) on 4 GB solid state disk. Minimised it using xplite.
    Bought a 1GB SD SD card, copied BT3 and boot directories to it (fat32). Ran bootinst.sh from the SD card.

Now I have XP and liveSD boot options, via bios.

I will be getting my RAM upgrade and a 16 GB SDHC card in a week or so - more updates then.

Just burned his ISO

Default First real issue

I think this is an easy fix, but i haven't got it fixed yet...

Everytime I shut down BT3 (from the SSHD), I get a "could not unmount /, file system busy" error.

The next time I boot, the SSHD reports "not cleanly unmounted" and fsck runs automatically.

I'm sure this is an init and fstab issue - but I haven't found what to change to fix it yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'd like to point out that part of the reason BT3 works "out of the box" on the Eee is due to the research and work done with the wifi drivers, particularly getting injection to work. At the time the Eee was introduced it's wifi drivers weren't public, and we scrambled with the help of madwifi.org to make something available. After the drivers were proven, they were included in BT3beta a couple of days before it's release. The research was being documented as it happened in this thread, http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9005

Damn! Soon as BT3beta release, I had to go away for the weekend and miss all the initial buzz!
    Still, now I've got lots of catching up to keep me happy for a day or so........

Great to see the eeepc/BT3beta shaping up so nicely!

Default 1 GB RAM or 2?

I read a review somewhere (newegg, I think) that said that even though the device supports up to 2GB RAM, the default linux install only supports 1GB. Has anyone put BT on one of these with 2GB RAM? Is the RAM upgrade even really necessary with such a fast SSD harddrive?
    σκιαμαχι

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast