Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: BT3 on EEEPC

I have posted regarding the WiFi card in the 901 and 1000H here http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=16139 but I have gotten no response.

I have both the 900 (with Celeron CPU) and the 1000H. The 900 have an Atheros WLAN card that WORKS with Kismet, etc. However, the 901 and 1000H do NOT that and as of today, it does NOT support injection, etc.

One solution is to REPLACE the WLAN card with the GIGABYTE GN-WI06N 802.11N a/b/g/n draft 2.0 miniPCI EXPRESS wireless, which have an Atheros AR5008 chipset AirCruiser N300 Dual Band Mini Card. It's available here: http://www.oxfordtec.com/us/p125/GIG...duct_info.html

It does NOT have Linux driver, only Windows XP. Someone from other website said that he were able to install that on the 1000H and get it to work, but when I emailed the author on the procedure, he didn't response. So I don't know if it really work or not.

It's a pity that there is NO SOLUTION from the gurus in this forum for the newest Eee PC running Atom (901 and 1000H), because these new laptops really shine when it comes to battery life (Atom CPU) and usability (larger keyboard for the 1000H).

Quote Originally Posted by lanwarrior View Post
    I have posted regarding the WiFi card in the 901 and 1000H here http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=16139 but I have gotten no response.

I have both the 900 (with Celeron CPU) and the 1000H. The 900 have an Atheros WLAN card that WORKS with Kismet, etc. However, the 901 and 1000H do NOT that and as of today, it does NOT support injection, etc.

One solution is to REPLACE the WLAN card with the GIGABYTE GN-WI06N 802.11N a/b/g/n draft 2.0 miniPCI EXPRESS wireless, which have an Atheros AR5008 chipset AirCruiser N300 Dual Band Mini Card. It's available here: http://www.oxfordtec.com/us/p125/GIG...duct_info.html

It does NOT have Linux driver, only Windows XP. Someone from other website said that he were able to install that on the 1000H and get it to work, but when I emailed the author on the procedure, he didn't response. So I don't know if it really work or not.

It's a pity that there is NO SOLUTION from the gurus in this forum for the newest Eee PC running Atom (901 and 1000H), because these new laptops really shine when it comes to battery life (Atom CPU) and usability (larger keyboard for the 1000H).
    Dude, don't get your panties in a wad because no one here is helping you. Not everyone has the cash to but the "latest and greatest" hardware just to get it working with backtrack. Not all hardware works with backtrack, get over it.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by lanwarrior View Post
    Many of us have spent the past week at BlackHat/Defcon, the worlds largest hacker conventions, perhaps we were too busy during that week to reply. We go there at a personal expense of thousands of dollars each, for training and networking so we're better able to support users like you, for free, even when your concerns are better answered by those who develop and support wifi drivers. This forum is BackTrack specific, not a general wifi driver support area.

Calm down, catch a clue, and if you want specific support you should realize that we're all volunteers without your exact hardware. We gladly accept $ and h/w donations so we can further our research....

Barry and Ziplock,

I am not saying you guys don't want to do anything with the newest Eee...not at all.

I am just giving the fact that at this moment, there is indeed no solution to get the WLAN and other things in the 901 and 1000 to work well with BT3. You guys probably working on something else. BT3 doesn't work on every single netbook out there due hardware limitation on the netbook itself. I also went to Blackhat and Defcon and chat with a number of people who's trying to get at least the 901 and 1000H WLAN to work with Aircrack, but so fat the solution point to replacing the card or buy the USB version (like Edimax).

I did share one solution to the forum, and that is to replace the WLAN card with an Atheros based one.

Sorry if my post seems to points otherwise.

Just burned his ISO

Defcon is more like a party...but perhaps that falls under networking

Back to the topic of the eeePC 1000H, you can get your card working if you compile the linux drivers: ww.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/2008_0708_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.7.0.0.tar.bz2 . If you don't have a save directory for your BT3 USB key you will have to recompile every time. These drivers do not support injection *yet* but I am sure they will soon. If this really annoys you, as stated previously on this thread and on the internet, you can buy another PCI card with a supported chipset or a USB wifi based off the RT73 chipset which *does* support injection.

Just burned his ISO

i've had my EEE 900 model now since it came out and I've got the BT3 USB version installed on the drive all by itself, wiped XP off of it, updated my alsa and sound works great, as everything else works awesome too... i use start-kismet-ng to start kismet and i never have to edit the sources etc, only thing i'm trying to do is figure out howto make it boot a tad bit faster :-p i've done most of the tweaks i could find such as the fstab tweaks and disabled a few rc scripts.. anyone else have any suggestions on tweaks theyve done ? software-wise, not hardware hacks

Just burned his ISO

Has any work concerning supporting injection for the newer Eee PCs been done yet? I'm sorry if this question comes off as ignorant or demanding, but I'd just like to know the current status so I can decide whether or not to buy a new wifi card or to wait it out.

Just burned his ISO

Hi

don't believe BT3 community are responsible for developing drivers for every WIFI device / laptop in the market

you can keep track of the status of the driver yourself

just keep an eye on

hxxp://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4200&p=30605&hilit=injection+r t2x00#p30605 forum for driver updates ( reolace x's with tt in hxxp)

by the looks of it it'll be a while before injection is supported so i'd buy a wifi card if you need injection any time soon. Supported wifi cards are quite reasonably priced

Cool

Im still using my overclocked 701,900mhz 1g ram running tiny xp and backtrack 3final off usb, I think you guys complaining about wifi drivers should all get together and donate one of the newer EEE pc to the authors. Then can speed up the process. Take one for the team. Or take 1 out of a used 701 and swap it with the useless one. Thanks. Oyea Charon 2 rulz

Quote Originally Posted by 3l33t1 View Post
    Im still using my overclocked 701,900mhz 1g ram running tiny xp and backtrack 3final off usb, I think you guys complaining about wifi drivers should all get together and donate one of the newer EEE pc to the authors. Then can speed up the process. Take one for the team. Or take 1 out of a used 701 and swap it with the useless one. Thanks. Oyea Charon 2 rulz
    The newer ones are bios locked to what they have installed I think. The proper place to ask for driver support is the madwifi site.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast