Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BT3 on EEEPC

I had been reading this thread for a while, and I was kind of wandering for how many of you that own a eeepc, did the wireless work?. Since I installed BT3 I haven't been able to get the wireless working, see my "no wireless/eeepc/BT3" posting for detail.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algemy View Post
    I had been reading this thread for a while, and I was kind of wandering for how many of you that own a eeepc, did the wireless work?. Since I installed BT3 I haven't been able to get the wireless working, see my "no wireless/eeepc/BT3" posting for detail.
    Go back in this thread and re-read post #71 by pureh@te:
    It will show you the install procedures with a link to get the new wireless drivers and getting it to work.
    If you have problems after doing this then post again in this thread or your other one.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by algemy View Post

Well, I have had no problems whatsoever with the wireless.

I'm running BT3beta USB/DVD version, copied over and made bootable, in the usual way, to a Kingston 8GB SD card, just for reference.

Just curious:
    I haven't had time to look through "eeepc non-working wifi" reports yet - is it possible that it's only people that have done SSHD installs that are experiencing this wifi issue??

Developer

I had the wifi issue which is why I sought out the fix but the issue was not with the eeepc because I had the same issue on a laptop with the madwifi drivers. I agree with Re@lity, I would be willing to wager that the sshd installs may be causing problems. If the fix I provided doesn't work the I would almost bet its a sshd issue. I have almost the same set up as re@lity except my card is 16 gig which should make no difference.

Just burned his ISO

I have been running it from my SSHD for 2 weeks now, and no problem with wireless. And it works right out of the box, no configuration necessary.

Just burned his ISO

I'm running BT3beta USB/DVD version on asus eee 4GB black whit 2GB SODIM DDR copied over and SDHC ADATA 16GB turbo class 6 made bootable.
    all works fine , but i try all method to configure my wireless to work and no success!!
    i try pureh@te method , i reinstall the madwifi drivers ... but no succes!
    i can see in my wireless assistant the 2 accespoint from my home , but i cannot connect to them , always same result - connection failed!
    dunno wat to do ..and wat to try ..
    need your sugestions.. thx

i want to thx all on this great forum for your job! keep it on.. ( very good tutorial,white paper,research,ideea..etc )
    i installed bt3 on SDHC ADATA 16GB Turbo class 6 on my black asus eee 4GB, al worked very well whit one exception : i little issue whit my wireless
    - i reinstall the madwifi driver (pureh@te post) - no result
    - i read all the post from here whit the same problems, the conclusion is that the issue seems to be the madwifi drivers , ok i reinstall them but no luck
    when i open my wireless assistant i see the two AP from my home , but i cannot connect !
    the message from wireless assistant - Connection failed -
    dunno wat to do ..
    i need your advice .. pls!

first of all i want to thx to all from this forum, and to all ppl who give us that great opportunity to work with bt3, great work! keep it on ..!
    i use bt3 installed on asus eee black 4GB on SDHC ADATA 16GB Turbo class6 , all works fine but i have a little issue whit my wireless!
    -seems that i cannot connect to my AP (acces point ) from my home!
    -wireless assistant show me the two wifi connection from my 2 AP from home but i cannot connect to them - Connection failed -
    - i reinstall the madwifi drivers (pureh@te thread ) , same problem
    i read all thread about that problems, and seems that the issue is provided by the drivers... but i keep try all method and all drivers and no result
    now i am in position to dunno what to do ..
    so i need you advice!

Thx !

Quote Originally Posted by sindrej View Post
    I have been running it from my SSHD for 2 weeks now, and no problem with wireless. And it works right out of the box, no configuration necessary.
    first of all i want to thx to all from this forum, and to all ppl who give us that great opportunity to work with bt3, great work! keep it on ..!
    i use bt3 installed on asus eee black 4GB on SDHC ADATA 16GB Turbo class6 , all works fine but i have a little issue whit my wireless!
    -wireless assistant show me the two wifi connection from my 2 AP from home but i cannot connect to them - Connection failed -
    i read all thread about that problems, and seems that the issue is provided by the drivers... but i keep try all method and all drivers and no result
    so i need you advice!

Thx !

Quote Originally Posted by sindrej View Post
    so i need you advice!

Thx !

so i need you advice!

Thx !

Read the rules again.

Two issues I've noticed with BT3b on the Eee PC. This is after a month of use.

1) IP configurations don't stick after a reboot. This isn't really much of an issue. It's too easy to set up IP configurations for the wired and wireless NICs.

2) At times, when running on battery, the battery monitor on the panel will report an immediate drop from say 99% to 10%. I've noticed this twice. Once when I was running on battery and brought up the wireless NIC and once when I brought up the two USB Bluetooth adapters I'm using.
    "Whatever happened to playing a hunch, Scully? The element of surprise, random acts of unpredictability? If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Thumbs up

hello,
    ......got some problem with wifi card on my eee ...madwifi drivers are updated

1) if led indicator for wifi is not turned on when BT3 is booting up ...seems like
    wifi device is not found by BT3 ...F+F2 turn on the led indicator but i need to reboot bt3 ...then wifi is working but when i do again F+F2 and turn off wifi
    and then try to turn it on again ...wifi is just gone from ifconfig
    wlanconfig ath create wlandev wifi0
    wlanconfig: ioctl: input/output error
    ...it seems little confusing to me Fn+F2 stuff
    ...bt is the reason for buying eee ...so i'm just interesting in how's stuff going on for makeing bt3 full compatibile with eee......i's there some progress in makeing in poweroff with souncard running...and stuff....?
    thx for bt distr.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loop4me View Post
    hello,
    ......got some problem with wifi card on my eee ...madwifi drivers are updated

You can use the bios to turn on/off the wireless
    if you want to use the wireless turn it on and boot.
    Once you are done with it you can always do a
    Code:
    bt~# ifconfig ath0 down
    and this will turn it off, of course the light stays on but that really means nothing. The led will not use that much of the battery.

Not sure about the sound card thing though.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast