Thread: dhcpcd problem

Default dhcpcd problem

I have an HP DV9000 notebook and im having problems getting DHCPCD to work, this is the first time i have had this problem, normally it connects to the wired network fine but lately it hasnt, any ideas

are you using a HDD install? or save changed install?

If so try deleteing the entire contents of /etc/dhcpcd folder

Code:
    cd /etc/dhcpcd
    rm *

Quote Originally Posted by slowz3r View Post
    I have an HP DV9000 notebook and im having problems getting DHCPCD to work, this is the first time i have had this problem, normally it connects to the wired network fine but lately it hasnt, any ideas
    Ya gives us some actual information, like the text of the error(s) you get, the actual dhcpcd command you're using, etc.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Ya, sorry about that

Its just the live CD, and the command im using is

dhcpcd eth0
    That usually works fine but i dont know what could be going wrong. i get no errors it just hangs there

Quote Originally Posted by slowz3r View Post
    Ya, sorry about that

Its just the live CD, and the command im using is

That usually works fine but i dont know what could be going wrong. i get no errors it just hangs there
    Is your device up?.... ifconfig eth0 up
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.