Thread: Dell e1505 - HD install :) WORKING

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell e1505 - HD install :) WORKING

removed backtrack2 and installed (the not tested icon) backtrack3 Works great! YAY!

Just burned his ISO

Talking Also got Dell Inspiron E1505 Working

I installed Back Track 3 about 2 weeks ago. It was a smooth easy install everything works. Wireless card iwl3945 also have a usb network adapter Netgear WG111 both work perfectly.

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell Inspirion 6400 (E1505) installed and opperational

I hope this is of use to you...

System: Dell inspirion 6400 (E1505)
    Graphics: Ati mobility x1400 (256MB)
    Memory : 1GB
    CPU : Intel Core2 T5600 1.83ghZ 2mb cache

Graphic Support:
    I needed only an updated driver from vendors site to get it running in 1280x800, but basic vesa mode 1024x768 also works, sadly I couldn't get compiz fusion to run..
    however sound,network,usb and all other devices work

Installation:

BT3 beta Installed to hard disk without any drama using the gui backtrack installer, in both live and real install options, and have been running the latter for 3 weeks,

Booting & shutdown:
    I am triple booting windows xp / server 2003 / backtrack 3 from the windows boot.ini without issues or interference with any of the installed OS's

reboots, shuts down and powers off fine and when its supposed to!

Operation:

ipwraw injects fine,
    iwl3945 drivers also work fine

minor issues that I can live with:

It Seems to run hotter with BT3 than when running BT2, probably because its making use of the 2nd core, I plan to compile a new 2.6.24 kernel anyway so maybe I can tweak something to make a difference.

Burning disks are a problem above 4x speed, despite my best effort the drive wouldn't change to dma mode (sata dvd issue maybe?) so have made a couple of coasters as a result. but I can live with burning at 4x

Sometimes aireplay-ng injection (-9) check reports as failed, this happens at random, and for quite a while this had me going around in circles thinking something had changed/broken on my system, but for me it actually does work when I try it despite the reported faliure... I am not sure why.

Also, the Power level is not reported by the 3945 card but I think thats an intel thing anyway.

no crashes experienced to date

I really do hope you guys find this of use, and I would like to say thanks to everyone here for their time and effort, I have learned a lot from you all and am truly grateful!

Thanks Again