Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of the Alfa AWUS036H on BT3 beta

Quote Originally Posted by operat0r View Post
    I currently cant connect to my WPA PSK
    WEP works ok w cracking

I had to update air-ng and madwifi

but I still can't get WPA to work I tried wpa_supplicant too and it just crapps out

Code:
    # all manners of airmon start/stip and ifconfig up / down .. I still get this

killall wpa_supplicant
    sleep 2
    wpa_passphrase rmccurdy_com SECRET > /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

wpa_supplicant -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

bt stuff # wpa_supplicant -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
    ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
    ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 -
    Check out my tutorials on every WPA / WPA2 connection except Radius. Just type in WPA supplicant in the forums search box...and you'll be good to go.

Oh yea, one last thing. Make sure you pick the RIGHT WPA supplicant / tutorial to match your encryption. A lot of people overlook that and wonder why they can connect.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

linuxchuck: Thanks for your review/tutorial on the ALFA. I just started playing around with one and was googling for info on how to config it etc.. (I've no experience with the Realtek drivers, only Atheros). You've saved me a couple hours of hair pulling!
    Thanks again!!

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grikster View Post
    I get this too, maybe its some bug in the drivers

Im having the same issues that i had with BT2, everything good, injection test too, but when i try to auth and inject into my ap i get this:

Code:
    bt ~ # aireplay-ng -1 0 -a 00:13:10:8A:DB:12 -h 00:11:22:33:44:55  wlan0
    07:02:54  Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: 00:13:10:8A:DB:12) on channel 11

07:02:54  Sending Authentication Request (Open System) [ACK]
    07:02:54  Authentication successful
    07:02:54  Sending Association Request [ACK]
    07:02:54  Association successful :-)
    And when i got aireplay -3 i have no pps flow, and of course no ARPś.

I have locked down to the channel also, so its not that, and im close to my ap, i dont know this [ACK] thingys keep showing up, its strange and screws the injection all the time, even with injection test working 95%

Cheers and great review, as usual from you
    u have to stop injection before changing the mac

airmon-ng stop wlan0

macchanger --mac=*********** wlan0

airmon-ng start wlan0

this will stop that error

if not pull the card out reinsert it and change the mac before anything else
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12