Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boot logo gone after install to HD, need help.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

the bootsplashs are located here :
    /etc/bootsplash/themes/Linux
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    the bootsplashs are located here :
    /etc/bootsplash/themes/Linux
    those are jpg and png's though. Can I still load those? Where do I put the filename in lilo? under bitmap at the top or initrd in the linux partition boot loader?

As far as I could tell, there is no actual "new" lilo boot splash. If there is, I cant find it, so correct me somebody if I'm wrong....PLEASE.

It would be nice though, if there was a way to get the selection menu back like the way it did when you first put in the DVD to do your hdd install.

So for now, I have no lilo splash...just the default red blocked lilo 22.8 Boot menu.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Oh i use the bootsplash from BackTrack 2 and i thought of designing a new one
    for BackTrack 3 maybe. Of course who says it should be used, well i would of course xD

And yes i know the bootsplash has to be probably 8 colors and 640x480 and so on. =)
    Well i do know lilo should have both a graphical interface, and an "ascii" interface like
    the one you get when you just install BackTrack 3 Beta. The graphical interface if you
    enable that should get you the silver background etc.

I haven't tried using that though, since i chose to use the BT2 bootscreen instead

Okay i have just made my own bootscreen just for fun hehe

That's how it looks and yes i made that 100% myself and it WORKS .. I have already tested it
    and i use it now myself. For people that doesn't know how to use bootscreens, read/do this:

1. Make sure your lilo.conf is correct setted up. (remember i have hda and you should NOT just
    copy+paste my lilo.conf and use it if yours doesn't look 100% same allmost as you might not
    be able to boot at all then! You have been warned hehe ..)

Code:
    # lilo.conf
    #
    # global options:
    lba32
    boot = /dev/hda
    prompt
    timeout = 300
    change-rules
    reset
    bitmap=/boot/green1.bmp
    #vga = 769,771/773/792
    vga = 791
    #
    # bootable kernel images:
    image = /boot/vmlinuz
    initrd = /boot/splash.initrd
      root = /dev/hda1
      label = BackTrack
      read-only
    Now what is it you need to do?
    1. Save the image i posted in your /boot directory.
    2. Add this line to your lilo.conf (ur unquote it, edit it etc.)
    Code:
    bitmap=/boot/green1.bmp
    3. In console, write this:
    Code:
    ~ bt # lilo -v
    4. If you don't know lilo is spelled it's LILO.

And then you just got a new bootscreen image (woot).

I also saw that the text showing time left and which option
    i want to use also changed color (to green). The reason why
    is because the boot apparently uses the first color in the bmp file.

Seeing as it's 16 indexed colors, and not 8 as i thought earlyere,
    the bootmanager aka lilo uses the bmp image's first color in its
    palette to find out what color to write the extraordinary stuff with.

I might make some more bootscreen for fun and i didn't use that
    much time making this bootscreen but atleast it looks high quality
    even when you are at the lilo bootscreen.
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by MaXe Legend View Post
    Well i do know lilo should have both a graphical interface, and an "ascii" interface like
    the one you get when you just install BackTrack 3 Beta. The graphical interface if you
    enable that should get you the silver background etc.

I haven't tried using that though, since i chose to use the BT2 bootscreen instead

I like your pic!!!

BTW...you mentioned editing lilo and adding the graphical interface....mind spoonfeeding me on how to do that one??
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Oh well i've seen you can do it on Mandriva which also uses LILO, so i don't see
    why BackTrack shouldn't be able to as well ;D (in the mandriva install which i
    tried out some weeks ago before i trashed it i saw i could choose ascii or graphical
    interface to boot with).

But i'll look into it and see how it really works.. I noticed that in BT3 there's 2
    lilo configs, i have no idea why, but i'll check it out how the other "kind" of lilo works xD.

And thanks for saying you like it, and yes the little "pi" sign in the corner is ment to be
    there, it's just a thing i have sometimes to add that on the graphics i make. (it's from an old movie)
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

And thanks for saying you like it, and yes the little "pi" sign in the corner is ment to be
    there, it's just a thing i have sometimes to add that on the graphics i make. (it's from an old movie)
    The Net
    Sandra Bullock

You know the hacker movies too balding_parrot

I haven't added a SHIFT + Click the "pi" icon in my bootscreen tho xD
    But, i know a script kiddie program (well i think it is), which actually had
    such a sign you could click on. It was called.. Divine Intervention, gawd
    i loved that even though it was looong time ago hehe.. (it has a trojan too i bet)

MaxeLegend,

thanks for putting it in here, saves the time googleing for it. Most of the time I have to look that up again.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

You know the hacker movies too balding_parrot
    Don't hit the Esc key.

No, I know nothing of these hacker movies at all

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast