Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BT3 won't boot

Just burned his ISO

USB works for me now with my Latitude D820.
    I used another stick (2GB instead of 1GB, dirrent manufactor).

Maybe the 1GB was bad (it was very slow, when I formarted it).

Filesystem was FAT32 in both cases.

Uhhhmm i also got the problem if i choose the the KDE Standard Boot.

If i choose the VESA Mode there is no problem and the system boots up correctly.

So in my opinion it is the xserver which occours theese problems.
    Try to boot the VESA Mode if this works i think i'm right.

Then you could do a xconf and save the setting to the USB drive and at next boot it should work.

Just burned his ISO

Im in the same boat with everyone else. Booting in VESA does not change anything. Ill try to get the CLI with ctrl alt F2 and ill report back on what happened...

Just burned his ISO

Nope, no dice. Still doesnt do anything. Its like it will go black, and the cd stops being read. Odd.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by r00t_Canal View Post
    Nope, no dice. Still doesnt do anything. Its like it will go black, and the cd stops being read. Odd.
    Same here. For me, it stops doing anything at all with the USB drive, CD, and DVD.

I format in fat32, copy files over, run bootinst.sh (i think its called), the screen tells me it all went fine, but then I try and boot to it and both my tablet and desktop refuse it and carry on booting to hard drive.

Only thing left is a to re-re-format and remake the file system, but if anyone has tips would be appreciated.
    wtf?

I have a Dell Vostro 1000 as well. Believe it or not it is doing the same thing as Genlex's Vostro. Black screen right after the options menu with either the cd or usb versions, which both work in my desktop

Just burned his ISO

I used this fix...and mine finally booted after 2 days of trying different thing... I had the black screeen after the options...

====Temporary Fix====
    Seems to be an ACPI problem as hinted by the line it hangs at, here's a quick fix

At the bootmenu, highlight one of the text options (seems to hang on a black screen if you select KDE) and then press TAB and append
    " acpi=off" to the line and press enter which will lead to to a text login. Use the usual root:toor and then type "startx" and you're into KDE

Just burned his ISO

Default good call wozney

just tried the 'acpi=off' described by wozney and it works!!

Just burned his ISO

I run a Compaq Persario f700, Nividia 7000, AMD Turion 58 something or the other.

I encountered the same persistent issue, however running text mode with FB and without DHCP(sp?) and using 'startx' worked fine. ' acpi=off' actually wouldnt let even the text mode boot in my case.

So does the problem really lie in acpi?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast