Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macbook Pro

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Macbook Pro

LiveCD BT3 beta, 700Mb works on Macbook Pro.

Tested: macchanger (works both on ethernet and airport), ethernet, airport (monitor mode with wlanconfig, injection works), native video resolution (1440x900), no video acceleration

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B02
    SMC Version: 1.16f8

Graphics:
    Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
    Type: Display
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 128 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x0407
    Revision ID: 0x00a1
    ROM Revision: 3175

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x87)
    Wireless Card Locale: Worldwide
    Wireless Card Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Default mac book

do you see any reason why BT3 could not run with the small mac book, because i am planning to buy one in the very far future and with BT working that would be incredible fantastic

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by r0v0s View Post
    do you see any reason why BT3 could not run with the small mac book, because i am planning to buy one in the very far future and with BT working that would be incredible fantastic

I would suggest you to search the forum and wiki. I don't have an experience with the Macbook but I remember there were some problems with it. Moreover, Apple has updated the Macbook models recently. If the future is very far, I would not think about the particular hardware The best is just to grab your .iso, go to the nearest shop and try it.

Peace and love

Quote Originally Posted by nucleus View Post
    I would suggest you to search the forum and wiki. I don't have an experience with the Macbook but I remember there were some problems with it. Moreover, Apple has updated the Macbook models recently. If the future is very far, I would not think about the particular hardware The best is just to grab your .iso, go to the nearest shop and try it.

Peace and love
    that is a good idea. i will try the iso on a macbook as soon as i am near a shop

Just burned his ISO

but i guess they wont let you boot backtrack here in germany (if they have any clue about bt...)
    its even illegal to HAVE backtrack

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by mscsnoopy View Post
    but i guess they wont let you boot backtrack here in germany (if they have any clue about bt...)
    its even illegal to HAVE backtrack
    then move to Switzerland!

Just burned his ISO

Question keyboard issue

I didn't had time to look into it in detail but I have the following troubles:

1st try
    I was not able to use the keyboard to select a BT version. This also happens with Ubuntu, so not a BT issue I guess. I Have installed the rEFIt boot manager.

Rest of the boot worked and I could login on the terminal. But fluxbox or KDE didn't load. xconf worked, but didn't change a thing

2nd try
    the keyboard worked and I selected the vesa mode. worked. Have you got any idea on the keyboard issue?

and kismet didn't work out of the box. I'll have a look into that this weekend.

Just burned his ISO

Question

Quote Originally Posted by flurios View Post
    1st try
    I was not able to use the keyboard to select a BT version. This also happens with Ubuntu, so not a BT issue I guess. I Have installed the rEFIt boot manager.

Rest of the boot worked and I could login on the terminal. But fluxbox or KDE didn't load. xconf worked, but didn't change a thing

2nd try
    the keyboard worked and I selected the vesa mode. worked. Have you got any idea on the keyboard issue?

and kismet didn't work out of the box. I'll have a look into that this weekend.
    Alright, this keyboard problem is strange. I tried it three or four more times. One time the keyboard worked during the boot process. The other time I couldn't choose an boot option, as described in the post above.

I'll keep trying to localize the problem. I got the ati core2duo, mac book pro w/2.16GHz, Here my lspci:
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express PCI Express Root Port (rev 03)
    00:07.0 Performance counters: Intel Corporation Unknown device 27a3 (rev 03)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 02)
    00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 02)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 02)
    00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 02)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 02)
    00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller (rev 02)
    00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 02)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 02)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M56P [Radeon Mobility X1600]
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 22)
    03:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5418 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)
    0c:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB82AA2 IEEE-1394b Link Layer Controller (rev 01)

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by r0v0s View Post
    for my (i have the core duo version) everything work but for the newest mackbook i think that madwifi team have some beta drivers because it is a N compatible chipset just chec on their wili

i am not buying it now so i will check out if someone has it running.
    and moving to Switzerland??? i am not sure about that, they are even stranger then the people form Austria.
    i think even it is "illegal" nobody in the shop would notice that there is some illegal code, because you dont have to show them every program

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast