Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acer Aspire 5720 udevd problem

Just burned his ISO

As per CodilX, I am having the same problem I have ran exactly the same commands on my laptop which is an Acer Gemstone 7720G with an Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT graphix card and still this issue persists.

For me it's the intel-agp that's causing the problem and I have successfully replicated the bug/fault as per CodliX commands. So I doubt this is issolated to the ATI.

Has anyone managed to find a fix for this?

muts could you possibly comment on this?

rgds

bigmushy

Just burned his ISO

Default I have chanced to come across a solution to the problem herein discussed

(The souce of the information provided hereafter is the forum thread of : slax.hosting4p.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92702&sid=a2f4cafe97887f4131e401c5 0bdaeab0 )

One is to boot with the nohotplug switch whereupon eecution the following commands :

Code:
    ln -s -f /lib/modules/2.6.21.5/kernel/drivers/char/agp/nvidia-agp.ko /lib/modules/2.6.21.5/kernel/drivers/char/agp/intel-agp.ko 
    /sbin/udevd --daemon 
    /sbin/udevtrigger
    ... this solution is a valid one as far as the Acer Aspire 5720Z of mine is concerned

I have decided to post this here on the grounds that it seems to me that the people to share this problem might have missed the link above-posted. This post is not to be considered an attempt to imply anything not explicitly stated herein.

Just burned his ISO

I tried this method, but it screws up everything, end you end up with a half working OS..

Just burned his ISO

Is there a solutions for this problem already? Because backtrack 3 final has the same problem.

Just burned his ISO

I confirm, the problem still exists in BT3 final with Acer 7720G laptop (Core2Duo T7500, GeForce 8400M GS).
    Only BT2 works without problems...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123