Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OS/Program Issues Go Here!........

Just burned his ISO

Default I'm a idiot

Hey, on the live CD/USB version of backtrack 3 beta my usbmouse and touchpad works fine, but now ive installed backtrack 3 beta to my hard drive, both my usb mouse and my touchpad wont work when working in hdd installation of backtrack..

Anyone know the answer to this??

(Sorry for my english)

Hey, on the live CD/USB version of backtrack 3 beta my usbmouse and touchpad works fine, but now ive installed backtrack 3 beta to my hard drive, both my usb mouse and my touchpad wont work when working in hdd installation of backtrack..

(Sorry for my english)

(Sorry for my english)

Hey.. Ive got the same problem..

Anyone got any clue on how to fix this problem??!

Im pretty noob at linux os

Developer

kongratte, You posted the same post 8 times. maybe you should learn how to read the rules before attempting to learn backtrack.

Just burned his ISO

Talking Toshiba P25-S676 won't reboot

My Toshiba Satellite P25-S676 3.4GHz HT, 1.5GB RAM, Atheros wireless card. BT3 works great! I have no problems with any of the apps. The only problem is anytime I reboot or power off. My computer shuts down completely then not come back up. (The fans come on and the bios doesn't come up.) The only way to bring it back up is to press the power button, wait for the fans to spin and then pull the batt and power cord. Then reconnect them and press power and it comes up normally. I've tried this distro on several computers and my toshiba is the only one with this problem.
    By the way, I also experience this problem with BT and BT2.
    This is a small inconvenience, and I appreciate any help you can give me.

This is a great Distro!

Just burned his ISO

hey can you make a working version of windows live messenger 8.5 that will work on the linux based BACKTRACK please cos the version included on the os cannot support nicknames on live messenger i know i sound like a fuss but let me know it would b a lot easyer thanks

Default should be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPoo View Post
    when using fastTrack, i pressed
    Code:
    3. Internal Hacking
    , then
    Code:
    1. Scan for SQL, spawn xp_cmdshell
    , then option
    Code:
    e

i was was just curiously trying to see what everything did in fastTrack, and i put in a bogus user name and left the password blank.
    Code:
    Enter the IP address of vulnerable server: 192.168.1.23
    Enter the username of the vulnerable server: jeff
    Enter the password of the vulnerable server, hit enter for blank:

Attempting to connect with the credentials....
    it was it was trying to connect, me knowing it was a bogus name decided to cancel it so i pressed
    Code:
    Ctrl+c
    instead of closing, stoping, or going back to a menu, it just hung there. the konsole did not take anymore commands.

background info, i was connected using ethernet cable, connected to router, attacking a wireless XP box.
    Are you still running into this issue? Should be fixed with latest update...

Just burned his ISO

Hello I have a problem when I choose BT3 KDE to ram I get error and it says that it Could'ent load BT3 to ram and this have never happened before...

Just burned his ISO

Default kismet

wheni load it up it says i need to install packet sources??

Quote Originally Posted by ayad101 View Post
    wheni load it up it says i need to install packet sources??
    Well...an error message that told you how to fix it. Amazing... Did you actually do it?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Default Simply file and folder copying issue

My situation:

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1520 with one of those annoying built-in media OS with its own button to boot into it rather than my XP main system.

I pressed the Media System button and booted into it for the first time since re-format and it said it couldn't access the hard-drive to set-up the pictures, audio and video files.

So I reboot and boot with the main boot button or power button and it does not boot me into XP but rather again attempts to boot into the Dell Media System again...

I have tried this over and over and even booting into safe mode etc and I get a variety of hard drive access errors and it says I am to re-install hal.dll

When running BT3b from CD I can access my internal hard drive with all the files and I have an external hard drive. When I attempt to copy the files from the internal drive to the external drive so that I can reformat I get the error message cannot write folder xxxx I need this problem resolved ASAP and have tried everything in order to get my files OFF the internal drive and onto an external medium (my external hard drive)

I'm not sure if I should somehow reformat the hard drive from NTFS to another format or whatever else somebody help me please I do not know how to do alot in BackTrack3 beta but i'm stuck with it as my own system as current.

It is essential that I save the files on the internal drive. They comprise of priceless files, work etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12