Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: [New Tutorial For BT3 ONLY]One bluetooth post to rule them all!

Good friend of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by dragracekid View Post
    Hello all,
    I have an Iogear gbu421 I was wondering if there is a way to flash it? Ive searched with no success thank you for your help
    do
    # hciconfig hci* revision

And if you see EXT it is flashable but if you see ROM it can't be flashed. Post your results please so I can update the list.
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    do
    # hciconfig hci* revision

And if you see EXT it is flashable but if you see ROM it can't be flashed. Post your results please so I can update the list.
    I may have done it wrong but this is what I get.

Code:
    hci0:   Type: USB
            BD Address: 00:02:72:15:40:DD ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:0
            Firmware 0.67 / 14

Quote Originally Posted by dragracekid View Post
    I may have done it wrong but this is what I get.

Code:
    hci0:   Type: USB
            BD Address: 00:02:72:15:40:DD ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:0
            Firmware 0.67 / 14
    Odd. Very odd. There are several lines of output that are missing. There should something like the following after your output:
    HCI 16.14
    Chip version:
    Max key size:
    SCO mapping:

Since the information is missing I am going to guess that the adapter is not flashable. Return it the place you bought it, if you can. I have a list adapters that are known to be flashable at http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...&postcount=153
    I will add the gbu421 as one NOT to buy.

Just burned their ISO

Default Simple questions?

Hi all it is great to participate in this forum I reall like the kind of work being done here. I have a few questions that I would really appreciate answers on. I have read this whole post to make sure that I don't ask something that has been answered but I could have missed something.
    1. Can someone post a picture of the correct adapter? There are so many different models that it makes it dificult to know which is the correct one.
    I am looking at the D-Link 120 but so many different models.
    2. The adapter that works is it USB 2.0 or 1.1?
    3. Yes or No two USB dongles needed? One for sniffing and one for connecting?
    4. The firmware ubdate on the device is for Windows or does it need to be ubdated for BT3 as well?

Realize I am not asking how to do anything I will read the tutorials and perform whatever needs to be done and hopefully make contributions to the thread with my findings.

Just burned their ISO

Default USB dongles list

Guys,
    Here is a list of devices with the CSR chipset. Interesting that there are many more than found in this forum. But does this mean they work or are we still looking for specific ones.
    xxxjasmine.org.uk/~simon/mirrors/bluez/devicesxxx

Quote Originally Posted by simplepr View Post
    Hi all it is great to participate in this forum I reall like the kind of work being done here. I have a few questions that I would really appreciate answers on. I have read this whole post to make sure that I don't ask something that has been answered but I could have missed something.
    1. Can someone post a picture of the correct adapter? There are so many different models that it makes it dificult to know which is the correct one.
    I am looking at the D-Link 120 but so many different models.
    2. The adapter that works is it USB 2.0 or 1.1?
    3. Yes or No two USB dongles needed? One for sniffing and one for connecting?
    4. The firmware ubdate on the device is for Windows or does it need to be ubdated for BT3 as well?

Realize I am not asking how to do anything I will read the tutorials and perform whatever needs to be done and hopefully make contributions to the thread with my findings.
    There is a link that provides a list of adapters that are known to work:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...&postcount=153
    3. Yes I think two adapters are still needed. Can someone verify this?
    4. To use one of the listed adapters as a sniffer you would need to flash the adapter with firmware that you did not purchase. Since you didn't purchase it doing so is illegal.

Just burned their ISO

Question

[QUOTE=bofh28;114625
    4. To use one of the listed adapters as a sniffer you would need to flash the adapter with firmware that you did not purchase. Since you didn't purchase it doing so is illegal.[/QUOTE]

Well that's interesting in the tutorial there is nothing about the legality of this modification and it looks to me that all that is being done is modifying some parameters in the device itself "some one correct me if I am wrong." Also the way I read it is that the firmware upgrade is needed if working on Windows but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by simplepr View Post
    Well that's interesting in the tutorial there is nothing about the legality of this modification and it looks to me that all that is being done is modifying some parameters in the device itself "some one correct me if I am wrong." Also the way I read it is that the firmware upgrade is needed if working on Windows but I could be wrong.
    Since you own the device you can usually do anything you want to it i.e. run over it in a car, take a hammer to it, use it as a paper weight, etc. Modifying some parameters in the device is usually OK (always check your local laws) but if you break it you have voided the warranty so don't expect a replacement.

The firmware you need to flash allows the dongle to sniff bluetooth traffic and is only available from frontline www.fte.com and costs about $10,000 US. For that price you also get a dongle that supports Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. I haven't seen anyone finding a bluetooth 2.1 dongle that is flashable.

Something interesting I have seen is some new wireless cards are also bluetooth adapters. It took them long enough to figure out that bluetooth uses the same freqency as 802.11b and g. I don't own any of these new adapters so I can't comment about anything other than they exist.

Just burned his ISO

great tutorial!!!
    got bt up and running, but beyond that my curiosity ended as the signal strength limited me, and im still racing into learning other areas.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    Since you own the device you can usually do anything you want to it i.e. run over it in a car, take a hammer to it, use it as a paper weight, etc. Modifying some parameters in the device is usually OK (always check your local laws) but if you break it you have voided the warranty so don't expect a replacement.

The firmware you need to flash allows the dongle to sniff bluetooth traffic and is only available from frontline and costs about $10,000 US. For that price you also get a dongle that supports Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. I haven't seen anyone finding a bluetooth 2.1 dongle that is flashable.

Something interesting I have seen is some new wireless cards are also bluetooth adapters. It took them long enough to figure out that bluetooth uses the same freqency as 802.11b and g. I don't own any of these new adapters so I can't comment about anything other than they exist.
    Ok got the picture now bofh28. Thanks for the information! Now I see what is really going on. That said I think we can come up with our own firmware that way we are not running into some one else business I am willing to make any contributions on the development of new firmware even if it takes destroying a few devices by testing I can also support in the investigation process of the chip set i.e. OP codes etc...
    Do you guys think its doable? I know bluetooth is a standard and there is much information available if you google it!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast