Thread: BT2 compatible laptop advice please?

Just burned his ISO

Default BT2 compatible laptop advice please?

Just joined so thought I'd pop in and say hello. I've been playing around with PC's for as long as I can remember really however I have only once dabbled in Linux and that was SuSe 9.0.

Looking to change that and expand my horizons by moving away from Windows (hopefully)

After looking around various distros of Linux, I stumbled across this site as well which made me realise how horribly insecure my wireless network is despite having WPA and Mac Filtering etc enabled

Anyway I've been looking at buying a laptop say £300-£400 to play around with and was hoping for some advice regarding laptops that work well with Linux variants? I know Acer and Asus get good reports however I've never even looked at laptops before so not entirely sure what I should be looking for. Doesn't have to be a high performance gaming machine, I've got my desktop for that

Cheers and look forward to learning lots

Exclamation Forum Rules - Read Before Posting!

Please use descriptive post titles, as per the forum rules......."hello" isn't very descriptive....

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8808

Just burned his ISO

My apologies, thanks for the edit.

I've been offered a fairly solid Asus model for a good price so that should do the trick Worst case scenario is that I have to install drivers.

Cheers

The Wiki contains HCLs (Hardware Compatability Lists)
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.