Thread: portable desktop

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

Default portable desktop

asus plan to reliz in 2008 a thing wich will be a mini desktop pc based on the same principles as the eee... no drive...flash based

linux based

a little like the linutop project

the system is on the flash key here but i bet asus will reliz a far better machine because specs of linutop are ridiculous

http://www.linutop.com/product/

DOES ANYONE HAVE INFOS ABOUT THAT ASUS PLANNED RELIZ?
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    asus plan to reliz in 2008 a thing wich will be a mini desktop pc based on the same principles as the eee... no drive...flash based

linux based

a little like the linutop project

the system is on the flash key here but i bet asus will reliz a far better machine because specs of linutop are ridiculous

http://www.linutop.com/product/

DOES ANYONE HAVE INFOS ABOUT THAT ASUS PLANNED RELIZ?
    Yeah for that price I don't see the point... its has the power of a PDA with no monitor and the need fr external power The only good thing is an ethernet nic and 4 usb ports.... and Xubuntu??? LoL
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

but imagine the same....built by asus .... with all the things they developed for eee like cf/sd booting and REAL valid specs like builtin wireless atheros or something like that .... could be cool to make a car pc(with an adaptor), and sure asus will make it cheaper...

will see
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    but imagine the same....built by asus .... with all the things they developed for eee like cf/sd booting and REAL valid specs like builtin wireless atheros or something like that .... could be cool to make a car pc(with an adaptor), and sure asus will make it cheaper...

will see
    Yeah there is definitely a market for the electronics they are making. That would be the perfect size for a car pc too

You'd be much better off building your own Mini-ITX system.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

I like my approach better. Though it's not mini-itx powered anymore. Definitely a portable desktop now. No way in hell I'd take it to the airport though.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I like my approach better. Though it's not mini-itx powered anymore. Definitely a portable desktop now. No way in hell I'd take it to the airport though.
    Yeah Barry, I can see airport security raise an eyebrow or two carrying that thing through the terminal